Permit boost for Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permit boost for Rams

Mosiah......Sickko......Slap unno selves! - T.K.

Permit boost for Rams

Claude Davis will be pitched straight into Derby's pre-season plans at Mansfield on Saturday after gaining a work permit to join them.

Rams boss Billy Davies agreed a £3million fee with Sheffield United to take the Jamaican international central defender to Pride Park on a four-year deal.

However, the former Preston man's switch was held up when the Rams' bid for a work permit was snubbed by the Home Office because Davis had not played sufficient international games for his country in the past two years. Derby appealed against the decision and were successful at a hearing in Sheffield on Wednesday afternoon so Davis is now clear to face Mansfield this weekend.

Rams boss Billy Davies told the club's official website: "We're delighted with the decision and welcome Claude as a Derby player. "We can now start to get him involved in playing matches and in further getting to know his team-mates and everyone else at the club.
    Last edited by T.K.; July 26, 2007, 05:59 AM.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Once again TK delivers breaking news. I see yuh still posting before 6am, and it mus be the late nite drinking.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

4:43 AM, signs of a man who can't sleep. Anyway T.K, thanks fi dat.

Do you guys realize that we now have five (5) defenders who will be playing in the EPL this coming season? Which other CONCACAF team can make such a claim?
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
        4:43 AM, signs of a man who can't sleep. Anyway T.K, thanks fi dat.

Do you guys realize that we now have five (5) defenders who will be playing in the EPL this coming season? Which other CONCACAF team can make such a claim?
        Which 5 Defenders dat ???

Comment

Great news!
          May Davis improve ten-fold, benefiting himself...and, also make for a stronger REGGAE BOYZ team for World Cup qualifiers.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Claude Davis, Michael Johnson and Darren Moore - Derby County
            Ricardo Gardner - Bolton Wanderers
            Nyron Nosworthy - Sunderland

Only Nosworthy has not worn the national jersey as yet. Said he would love to however.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Hortikal View Post
              Once again TK delivers breaking news. I see yuh still posting before 6am, and it mus be the late nite drinking.
              Haha......LOL......No it is the only time I can get my running in on the treadmill. During the ridiculous humid summer months I save my outside running for my weekend warrior outings with my coed football team. I have yet to give up a goal to a female player in my coed career. I am a don man! - T.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                Claude Davis, Michael Johnson and Darren Moore - Derby County
                Ricardo Gardner - Bolton Wanderers
                Nyron Nosworthy - Sunderland

Only Nosworthy has not worn the national jersey as yet. Said he would love to however.
                Wow Tilla! I had no clue it was 5! Now that is exciting. When you look at guys like Omar Daley, Damion Stewart, Shavar Thomas, Ian Goodison and Tyrone Marshall we have an impressive stable of defenders playing pro ball. - T.K.

Comment

T.K.: I guess you were on your sabattical when I wrote: A Letter to Coach Bora

Check it out, you will learn that we have the making of a good team.

Comment

Working...
                  X