• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's the U17 full game if

anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbq8tKJneAA

I'm waiting for comments on this game.

Comment

...see my comments to USAF a fee threads below.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Okay will do, because I want to hear from the forum on this.

Comment

What are your comments , I posted the game live and commented on it , the same link I posted live , stayed up as the replay link.

Thanks again for sharing , I await your comments .
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Ok will check. Boss wha happen copy an paste nuh werk fi yuh LOL

Comment

It was a running commentary of the game multiple post , it does when appropriate.Still awaiting your comments.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

"1st half we ,beat them with speed and physicality,they beat us with better passing,the coach employed a tactic of pressuring their backline,it worked ,we scored from a mix up,our midfied is more physical -poor ball distribution and our defence cleans up the mess with speed and being physical.The team does maintain its shape - no gaps ,all compact in its movement".

Totally agree with the above statement. Yes Ja relied heavily on athleticism
                to over come El Salvador passing (the most important thing in the game) was almost non existent. Someone who is a total novice to football saw me watching the game and said Ja doesn't play the ball on the ground.

Where I part company with you is where you said Ja needs UEFA B license to coach the youth. No, does one need a big license to coach controlling and passing in tight spaces? I did it here when I coached a little Sunday morning team. Ja needs a culture in football. This culture must place emphasis on technique and mastering the basics (passing, passing, passing).

Okay something is left out but I can wait for others to speak.

Comment

Here what I will say and this is being kind to the team. A few years ago Coach Edwards stated the DNA of JA football should be high press and i thought it was naive because HP is a tactic not a philosophy and you may not be able to do so all the time depending on the environment. Against the U.S on a hot day on turf which is a good 5-10 degrees hotter when you are playing they could not and lost badly. Now this game I did not see us put 4 passes together. We won base on being the better athlete, stronger quicker but I did not see multiple passing options and as a matter of fact I will say we pass the ball when we run out of options. Hope we improve vs Mexico.

Comment

my take

Here what I will say and this is being kind to the team. A few years ago Coach Edwards stated the DNA of JA football should be high press and i thought it was naive because HP is a tactic not a philosophy and you may not be able to do so all the time depending on the environment. Against the U.S on a hot day on turf which is a good 5-10 degrees hotter when you are playing they could not and lost badly. Now this game I did not see us put 4 passes together. We won base on being the better athlete, stronger quicker but I did not see multiple passing options and as a matter of fact I will say we pass the ball when we run out of options. Hope we improve vs Mexico.

Comment

Ah key statement "we pass when we run out of option" that is only time you see a pass. We don't pass to attack. We move couple yards with the ball then boot it all the way hoping a lone forward will catch it. Passing enables possession, it gives you time to pick a point of penetration then strike. It also enables the back line to push up with the mid thus enabling you to have your opponent in a form of pressure cooker. Booting the ball aimlessly (then chasing it) gives a more technical opponent time to control
                      spring a counter because you leave a gap between your mid and flat back line.

We don't play with our minds, our football lacks ball intelligence. I agree with all you said. I did not see one technical player out there just runners/athletes.

Comment

We don't play with our minds, our football lacks ball intelligence. I agree with all you said. I did not see one technical player out there just runners/athletes.[/QUOTE]

Hence my call for the need for a UEFA B liscence coach,look we have been using these uncertified or unliscened coaches or liscened upto JFF standards and have failed misreable. I defended my call for the liscensure by pointing out all what you have stated about intelligence or lack of ! I gave the forum in the past , the Icelandic model :

Currently this nation of 335,000 has around 600 qualified coaches, 400 with Uefa B licences, or one per 825 people. To put this into context, in England this number falls to one per 11,000.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...lars-lagerback

I also gave the forum ,Ethiopia Revisted: Diagnosing JA football & curing the disease

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...iopia+revisted

I have supported my position with documented proof as to why liscensure/certification is key to our development, anything else is putting lipstick on a pig or banging your head against the wall expecting a different result. At best its talking in circles

I give coach Edwards credit , in that he played to our strength, speed and physicality.Its better than our booting the route one ball of the past.

Comment

Working...
                        X