Don't send kids to do a man's job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't send kids to do a man's job

Big up to Wendell and the young ReggaeBoyz for having reached this far. We can talk all we want but nothing can belittle the accomplishments at the Pan Am games. If it meant so much to the other teams then they ought to have sent stronger teams. Whatever reasons they had for not sending ''better'' teams is not our problem. The record will show that we at least gained silver medals.

When Bora took an inferior team over to Asia and got some a$$whupping no one - not even FIFA - cared that it was our C/D team. The recent fall in the FIFA rankings show that FIFA don't give diddlysquat what team you carried. When you have a man's job to perform, send men not boys. So I won't cry for Brasil, Argentina or Mexico.

Instead I will jump-up in the glory hours of our victories. And might we all remember that we played the Mexicans without some of our best U20 players. Don't forget also, that we went to the tournament without three of our best U20 players: Joel Grant (F), Joel Senior (M) and Omar Persad (M). So I will not find excuses, we kicked some asses Big Time. Congrats young Boyz!
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Despite Zeppo's sour grape yelping, to beat Colombia, Argentina (U-17), Haiti and Mexico, without a single goal against us (how do the yanks say it? oh, we recorded 4 straight shutouts!), that is nothing to sneeze at. I know for certain that Mexico has at least two players who were members of the World Champion U-17 team and others who play in the Mexican Premier league. They certainly were not an U-17 side!

For every legitimate excuse countries like Mexico and the USA can come with, we can give them three. From stop-start program to inferior league, poor overall economy, poor infrastructure, whatever, whatever, we have no business beating these sides.

Oh, the USA picked up a healthy 2-0 from this Mexican side.

Ole!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I fully agree 'ole Farmah!

Mexico was my litmus test for the younger BoyZ--and they succeeded.

It's the history (records) that will tell the story. The fact that strong football countries like Brazil and Argentina sent kids to do a mans job is not the problem of the other participating countries.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
      X