• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zizzo signs for Hannover 96

First US U20 to go overseas.....- T.K.

Zizzo signs for Hannover 96
    Associated Press, Updated 2 hours ago

HANOVER, Germany (AP) - Sal Zizzo, a U.S. under-20 midfielder, has signed a three-year contract with Hannover 96, the Bundesliga club said Wednesday.

Zizzo, who joined on a free transfer, played for UCLA and Orange County Blue Star.

Hannover finished 11th in the German first division last season.
    No need to thank me forumites.

I actually like this player. I was a little surprised when his name was not being mentioned with the Szetelas and the Bradleys.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

After the tournament he just had (especially his game against Brazil) it's no surprise that a Euro club would come knocking.

Of course, having a European passport helps, too.

Hopefully he gets integrated into the 1st team quickly and smoothly. Gonna be interesting to see how he does.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

HANNOVER INK ZIZZO TO THREE-YEAR PACT

Following a strong showing at the U20 World Cup in Canada, UCLA attacker Sal Zizzo has signed a three-year contract with German first division club Hannover 96.

The American, who will join as a free transfer, arrives in Germany later this week to begin training with his new club.

"He is very quick and talented," Hannover 96 head coach Dieter Heckning told YA early Wednesday. "Sal is a player who will be part of our future, and were happy he signed with us."

(continue)
        "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

Sal Zizzo moves on to pro ranks with Hannover contract

Former UCLA and U20 Men's National Team standout tells Top Drawer Soccer he is full confidence heading into the beginning of his professional career in Germany.

Zizzo signed a contract Tuesday with Hannover 96 of the German Bundesliga. The deal comes shortly after the conclusion of the FIFA U20 World Cup and Zizzo told Top Drawer Soccer in a telephone interview Wednesday that it was his performance at that event which sealed his opportunity.

"It was through the World Cup they noticed me," Zizzo said. "I didn't know anything about it during the tournament but after we went out Lyle (Yorks, Zizzo's agent) told me and we were able to do the deal pretty quickly."

(continue)
          - Xavi

Comment

Zeppo why would it surprise you that we did so well in the pan am tournament ?
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
            X