Concerns with the Pan Am Boyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerns with the Pan Am Boyz

From the clips I saw last night, there still remains some problems that I have seen a little too often with our youth teams. Maybe the Mexicans had more goal-scoring opportunities but the three they showed last night were as a result of clumsy defending, just plain giving away the ball because of indecision, or kicking and missing. Our U-17 central defender used to give me the heebeejeebies every time a high ball came his way.

The other problem I've noticed is ill-advised attempts by the goalkeeper to leave his line to cut off crosses. He missed one badly last evening. Shrek is not terrible on crosses, but he does miss-time them from time to time. He is fearless, however, and can make a forward think twice about challenging him in the air.

I expect gold from this team on Friday.

Hold dat, Zeppo!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Where did you find the clips?
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

ESPN Deportes showed it several times last night. In fact, they showed the entire game at around 3:00a.m. this morning.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        ESPN Deportes showed it several times last night. In fact, they showed the entire game at around 3:00a.m. this morning.
        I only had time to watch 20-30 minutes of the 1st half...but, from what I saw they played very well.

There was tendency to give away the ball by taking 22-40 yard shots...which flew miles away from goal - over or to either side. ...and, yes, one of the gifts one the Mexicans was a miss-kick...and, I think another was just right out given straight to a Mexican player.

Will make time, hopefully before Friday, to watch the entire match.
        Go REGGAE Yute!
        ...and, Steths man Wendell!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Seriously Karl....this would be such a nice feather in our cap if we could pull this off. To be frank I don't want to sound greedy as I am thrilled with what we accomplished so far but man oh man what a shot in the arm it would be for the program if we could pull this off! - T.K.
          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

The jamaican football program NEEDS this win. It's ok to be greedy.
            Winning is everything!!!
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I expect the young boyz to win. Can't tell when las the boyz won a "major" championship outside the Caribbean.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                Seriously Karl....this would be such a nice feather in our cap if we could pull this off. To be frank I don't want to sound greedy as I am thrilled with what we accomplished so far but man oh man what a shot in the arm it would be for the program if we could pull this off! - T.K.
                Agreed, boss!
                ...even if the Boyz do not make it, I think you would agree many doubters...those doubting the young talent is there...would have now had a change of heart. Hopefully the many private sector entities have seen the light and will now invest...commit and give appreciable investment dollars. Those dollars must be tied with say 5 year/10 year programs - including nuff-nuff traveling and playing of quality international opposition.

Would love to see corporate sponsors 'hitch' themselves at various levels - male and female - different age-groups through to seniors.
                Once again another great opportunity to 'sell' di football is on us!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Hortikal View Post
                  I expect the young boyz to win. Can't tell when las the boyz won a "major" championship outside the Caribbean.
                  Have we ever?
                  Boss, this would be MORE HISTORY being made by these youngsters!

Comment

Working...
                  X