RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a black person buy an English club?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could a black person buy an English club?

The news that Michael Essien's wife, Akosua Puni, had purchased the Italian third division side Como at an auction certainly raised a few eyebrows this week.

She paid £206,000 to take control of the bankrupt club, facing no competition, and will try to lead the Lega Pro outfit back into the big time.

But those who have had the pleasure of visiting Como and the club's Giuseppe Sinigaglia stadium will immediately understand the appeal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...pect-Como.html
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Those who have been on this forum long enough will see where I have toyed with the idea of owning a football club.

About 7 maybe 8 years ago I queried into investing into a Scottish Club name ForFar Athletic FC. They were in financial trouble. Can't recall if they were in the Scottish league team then. Today, ForFar FC is leader in League 2--and may be promoted to league 1 next season.

[ I think that maybe I am the only person in the US (possibly this side of the world) who has a ForFar football jersey. It was sent to me by the team posing in front of their team bus several years ago].

The investment idea did not get off the ground...since I was already invested here in the US. And in order to make this work I would have to migrate to the UK.

Very good article Jangle!! I will be last person to be surprised if more Blacks don't avail themselves to investing on the business side of the greatest sport on earth.

BTW: I used to post as ForFar back in 2007
    http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...earchid=158570

ForFar FC.
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...92&FORM=IQFRBA
    Last edited by HL; March 17, 2017, 10:45 AM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

You know how to make a small fortune in football HL? Start with a large one. Good luck with that. I have a friend who owns a PDL club and he loses $80K a year annually. Rather rough going if you ask me.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

What made you choose for far,,,I have this dream of buying Leeds u but mi short with the papers...but seriously best thing I have read on the forum.

Comment

I have a network of potential support in the UK...........

"Dare to dream............" OJ...Dare to dream.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

mi can sell you a club a Portland
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Wanna buy a bridge?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mi year she u own st jwage.....I think they could do something special in Portland ... 2 potential real good fields and could draw talent from st Mary and st Thomas.

Comment

a mi brethren them. Seems like the interest level needs to be revived. They have some good fields. St. Georges do well when nuff ball playing in South East St.Mary, and West Portland.

I tell them how to raise some funds to do their thing but they don't follow through. Good youth them who have done a lot for the community and willing to work but they need to be up to the time in terms of funding and seeking funds especially with the internet.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                  X