Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best thing done in Jamaica football for a long time

http://www.sportsmax.tv/?q=articles/...8-elite-league
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

uhm. good start, but should this not be at u14... much more development then.

Comment

Having an Elite Youth League is important to a national youth development program, BUT based on what I’ve seen & heard, I think the JFF is putting the cart before the horse. The JFF is starting an U18 Elite Youth League without investing in improving the quality of the coaches/teachers that will be coaching/teaching these youth players…….I’ve continually heard contributors to the RBSC forum complain about the poor quality of play from Jamaican youth players, which is a direct reflection on the quality of coaching/teaching the players receive: Poor coaches/teachers produce poor players/students…….The 1st thing the JFF needs to do is invest in developing quality coaches/teaches. Another important thing the JFF will need to do is start the Elite Youth League at a younger age – U12, U14,U16 & U18 would be good.

Comment

2nd dat !
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

We all have the wishlist and how things can be done but having a elite youth league is one step in the right direction, on top of what you said they also need more age group.

Funny thing is there are a few European trained coach and US trained coaches in Jamaica but they keep themselves to themselveis and don't necessarily help others. Jamaica football is all about winning and that is why I am convince a functioning coaches association would help a whole lot and get others involved. I can think of about 5 or 6 well certified coaches in Jamaica right now who could spread some knowledge and there must be others.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
            Having an Elite Youth League is important to a national youth development program, BUT based on what I’ve seen & heard, I think the JFF is putting the cart before the horse. The JFF is starting an U18 Elite Youth League without investing in improving the quality of the coaches/teachers that will be coaching/teaching these youth players…….I’ve continually heard contributors to the RBSC forum complain about the poor quality of play from Jamaican youth players, which is a direct reflection on the quality of coaching/teaching the players receive: Poor coaches/teachers produce poor players/students…….The 1st thing the JFF needs to do is invest in developing quality coaches/teaches. Another important thing the JFF will need to do is start the Elite Youth League at a younger age – U12, U14,U16 & U18 would be good.
            And what's the strategy below U12?
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Play to play , develop ball mastery and proper technique. Not so much travel and external competition .

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                Play to play , develop ball mastery and proper technique. Not so much travel and external competition .
                *Sounds* good, but there needs to be a program in place to make sure that all happens. Which is the reason I asked. Unless you have a U6-U12 program FIRST, the rest of it won't mean much. So in other words, starting at U18 is exactly starting at the wrong end of the horse...imo. I would have been happier to hear them starting with U6-U8 and having proper ball mastery training at that age level through U12.
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I am with the Trelawny team!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You are right. The problem we have is we look to the competion first..

Comment

because we are a competitive people. We think practice is waste of time.

The least JFF could do is provide some all island camps for top players and coaches.

Comment

Hi in 1987, I gave them Roark Brown who got award for best goal in the NPL.

In the 90s my protégé gave them the Taylor brothers (Bim and Bam) which included Jermaine. The local communities have to retool.

Comment

My response was targeted at the JFF starting an Elite Youth League at the U18 level. An Elite Youth League is an integral part of a National Youth Development System/Program.
                          What you’re asking about, “And what's the strategy below U12?”, has been discussed & debated constantly on this forum, for the last 2 years, with a number of people presenting proposals, some comprehensive, most notably Don1…….I also posted links to the new U.S. Youth Development Program, which starts at U6, BUT the U.S. Elite Youth League (U.S. Soccer Development Academy) starts at U12, to serve as a guide. I even posted a list of certified & experienced Jamaicans who are Youth Development Coaches, in the U.S., England & Germany, who could develop an efficient & comprehensive Coach & Youth Development Program for Jamaica.

Comment

I just watched st Mary vs st Thomas with the latter winning 3-0 . It was interesting to hear the st Mary coach coached every pass ,collect or tackle. St Mary has some technical players but the score line was not reflective. One of the things they instituted here in a development league was 3 30 minutes periods with a stipulation a player must play at least one 30. Not sure they have to do that but it's pretty pointless to have a development league and players coming on at the 91st minute...

Comment

Where did that play? What age group?

Comment

Working...
                              X