Atlanta United

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta United

Atlanta was a buzz with United this weekend.
    300000 season tickets sold so far, 54000 to sell out a college football stadium.

The jersey sell off, everywhere you go you see people donning the team colors.

A lot of soccer parents and kids buzzing. Many went to game even though they themselves had game on Sunday.

As you see the game was rocking and in my opinion we lost as the coach didn't put on early re-enforcement. He waited too late to make change.

Very good start Atlanta United.fI will say this again Atanta have a lot of things right with Soccer but what is needed is ACC and SEC colleges to have soccer teams and compete against other top colleges where youngsters between the ages of 17 and twenty 22 can you. Atlanta is producing too many players to have little or no outlets after the age of 17, same thing with Jamaica.

My boys had two game and I couldn't go but as the season go along I will be at a few games.

Mosiah you would be proud of the atmosphere in the ATL. yesterday. Even the dreaded sports radio picked it up.

Big up to Arthur Blank, Daren Engles and the team that put this product out.

Respect.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Sass - what do you mean when you say what is needed is ACC and SEC colleges to have soccer teams and compete against other top colleges? Don't they do that now?
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Very good game yesterday.

You are correct about the jersey. Maybe 3/4 of the 55,279 in attendance don some form of ATLANTA United attire.

The game was pushed back about 30 minutes to accommodate fans still attempting to get in.

Wish I owned a concession stand selling something. The beer line was endless......

Yes, the coach and the team lack mls experience down the stretch.

Football is alive and well in the USA.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

No, most of the SEC and ACC schools only have a women's team and no man's team. The Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and those teams don't have soccer team. In the south past Chapel Hill to the middle of Florida you don't find a lot of the conference with soccer teams.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

unno jus prepare fi unno ass kicking

Comment

...well the support will continue.

Appear to be a good team.

Seems like it's a South American team...comprised of mostly Argentine...with a sprinkle of others.

Great investment by the MLS franchise.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Atlanta's BIGGEST problem was their inability to convert their chances. They completely controlled the 1st. half & half of the 2nd. half, and should have been AT LEAST 3-0 at the point NYRB got the equalizer. NY had problems with their speed, movement, passing & individual skill, BUT their MLS inexperience showed.......I think that by mid-season, when they develop more chemistry & understanding, teams will dread playing them.

Comment

Yeah but most coaches know that if you are not scoring and getting tired with 20 minutes to go you have to make changes and maybe tighten up your midfield. If we can do that in games we are going lose close ones. Should be a good season though.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  No, most of the SEC and ACC schools only have a women's team and no man's team. The Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and those teams don't have soccer team. In the south past Chapel Hill to the middle of Florida you don't find a lot of the conference with soccer teams.
                  I am surprised!
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

yeah man just imagine the opportunity for some many players who not even play after high school under a good coach for 2 years.

You know when those school compete not just in football, but basketball, track etc. it is supported by students. I hope ATL United and Orlando Soccer club will give a lot of these people a different view on soccer.

Comment

Working...
                    X