• Show
Clear All

• Good WiN ReggaeBoyzs

keep building
    Ja1 HOn 0

Re: Good win ...as in?

- Any win is a good thing?

...or...

- There were signs that our Reggae Boyz are on the way to TOP OF THE WORLD quality play?

Frankly, for eons I have been saying playing well is, for us, on the way to the TOP OF THE WORLD, much more important than winning!!!

Look no further than Japan 1998 World Cup!
    They lost to us! ...but the pattern of play...the manner and style of their performance showed they were on a path to higher FIFA World quality play! Ours in that 1998 match, NOT SO MUCH! Yet we won (our greatest/most valuable win) and they lost!!!

Result: Japan today plays good football! FIFA 52; Reggae Boyz FIFA 77!
    ...but what about closer to home: Mexico FIFA 17; Costa Rica FIFA 19.

Now USA is FIFA 29 but they lack good quality players! ...but the sum of poor quality players play has them punching waaaaaaaaaaay about the individual players quality. Why the players play the right way (=TEAM) and thus maximize on the individuals players quality transformation into TEAM(play)!

btw - As an aside: Sustained failure is in the future of the USA (as matched against the USA citizens expectations) as the technical and athletic quality of their players are currently poor when compared to what TOP OF THE WORLD demands!!! --- Reasons: Players too slow on speed across ground and fast feet...and also there is needed better technical ability and additionally more efficient 'brain power' = tactical ability! = dem too fool-fool.
    Last edited by Karl; February 17, 2017, 01:33 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Playing well and winning can be different things and I do Agree. But getting the right results with youngsters like J Flechers in the team is important for their development. Results matter at the senior level its not the only thing but its matters..

Comment

Lowe and Sergio seems to have developed in pretty decent center halves.

Good win team.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The team we saw 2 weeks ago have potential.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I could use some salt right now.

Comment

Mr Karl,I do not have an opinion,I was robbed of that right by having to resort to sports article to tell me about the game,would have loved to see it myself.
              Tappa's team has a specific style of play though.

Comment

Working...
              X