Reggae Boyz Errol Stevens - TO HELL AND BACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggae Boyz Errol Stevens - TO HELL AND BACK

Reggae Boy Errol Stevens, who now plays for Hai Phong FC in farflung Vietnam, wants to use his early struggles as a source of motivation for aspiring Jamaican footballers.

The 30-year-old striker who last played for Jamaica in 2012 posted a video on Facebook highlighting his difficulties in securing a contract in Thailand, where he was subjected to unpleasant circumstances, which included living a cramped apartment with no furniture or appliances.

“In 2013 I got a link with an agent and went to Thailand. The agent promised a sure contract, as they always promise. So when I reached we (Dicoy Williams) didn’t have anywhere to stay. When I left Jamaica I don’t have a dollar in my pocket, or maybe around US$50,” Stevens revealed in his video.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...and-back_87312
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Hmmmmmm....

Adversity build strength!

Without struggle there is no progress.

I could go on.

I admire folks like Stevens.

Good post King Karl!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Who is the "agent bwoy" and agency that he is referring to? The one from the forum?

Comment

Never bite the hand that feed you. If the "agent bwoy" whoever he is disrespecting never gave him an opportunity, would he be making the living he is now and his lifestyle?

Sometimes watch EPL and big european contract can fool people.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
          Who is the "agent bwoy" and agency that he is referring to? The one from the forum?
          It is widely known in local football circles that Errol Stevens was my client when he first signed with a club in Vietnam in January of 2012. His contract with me was to expire on January 22, 2014. However, he chose to ilegally work with other individuals for an opportunity in Thailand in May of 2013.

You work with all sorts in this business. Most of them are ungrateful, disloyal, dishonest and unprofessional. Some of them deserve whatever hell they may pass thru.
          Last edited by Mosiah; January 30, 2017, 01:24 PM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah yuh can get me a Chinese contract? Me speakE the Chinese- Lo mien, poke fried rice, egg roll.....
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Sigh!

Contract fi do what?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                Never bite the hand that feed you. If the "agent bwoy" whoever he is disrespecting never gave him an opportunity, would he be making the living he is now and his lifestyle?

Sometimes watch EPL and big european contract can fool people.
                "A hungry stomach, an empty wallet and a broken heart...teach the BEST lessons in life".

It's not about who did what and how and where. My take from this is the lesson or perseverance:

Obstacles appear in life for a reason.

Some folks stumble, fall and not get up. Other folks point fingers and complain. Still others presevere and eventually succeed.
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Errol is like that. He probably acted unprofessionally with that agent as well, and left to fend for himself. I have little sympathy for them all.

That's not how TSA does business.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh a travel agent or yuh is football agent? How yuh mean fi do wah. Me is a past footballer who wants to return to the game. The only thing is that every time I think about it me nose start drain.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                    X