HL!!!.......Some info for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......Some info for you

FS Investors is investing $1B to redevelop the Qualcomm Stadium property for the San Diego MLS bid, with $200M for the soccer stadium…….Seems San Diego is the new “soccer hot spot” – Reports that a group, headed by Keisuke Honda, is planning to start a USL team ’18, and another group, headed by Demba Ba & Eden Hazard, have plans to start a NASL team……. Paolo Maldini is co-owner of Miami FC (NASL)…….I think there’ll be a “merger” between USL & NASL, and then we’ll see pro/rel at that level.

The 2016 graduating class (youth players who turn 18 in ’16) is looking like the most promising one so far. 43 players have already signed professional contracts – 15 in Europe, 8 in Mexico, 9 in MLS, 9 in USL & 2 in NASL.

John Harkes’ son, Ian Harkes (Hermann Trophy winner), signed a Homegrown contract with D.C. United. Came through the DCU academy.

The first 13 U.S. coaches graduated from the new USSF Pro License (a 12-month course designed to replicate the rigors of the UEFA Pro License) in December ’16. The second group started the course about 2 weeks ago…….U.S. Soccer also introduced the A License Senior & A License Youth, as well as upgraded the B & C License. The D, E & F License, known as the Grassroots Licenses, are presently being revamped…….34 MLS Academy coaches have already completed the 52-week Elite Formation Coaching License (a partnership between MLS & the FFF).

See AUFC roster coming together - http://www.atlutd.com/players and I hear they still have other international signings lined up.

When will the addition of MLS teams reach its maximum.

I agree SanDiego would do well with a franchise. I would estimate that more than half of the population have Mexican heritage.

I remember John Harks very well.

Btw....Jamaica would do well to form an alliance with USA Soccer..............
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Meanwhile the JFF coaching liscene a frig up di youths all over di island.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

With LAFC entering in '18, they will have 23 teams and Miami-Beckham is expected to be 24. They already announced that the league will expand to 28 teams, and 10 cities are vying for those 4 spots, so I wouldn't be surprised if they expand to 32.......The middle of the country is open for expansion, and there are some states that can support more than 1 team (California could end up with 5).

San Diego seems to regularly score high (Top 5) in U.S. soccer TV viewership, and they have fans who regularly cross the border to attend Xolos games.

Jamaica needs to do SOMETHING, because this year NO new Jamaican players entered the MLS system, while the number of South & Central Americans, Africans & Europeans are increasing.......Jamaica has 2 coaches, Lorne Donaldson & Lenny Taylor, who were a part of the U.S. Soccer national youth development system, so maybe they have contacts in the U.S. federation to establish some form of partnership.......In MLS, they have Assistant Coaches Tyrone Marshall & Robin Fraser, and Head Scout Andy Williams, so that's another possible partnership.
        Last edited by USAF; January 24, 2017, 01:01 AM.

Comment

It's a D@MN SHAME.

Comment

Jamaica play the USA on Feb 3rd.

Who is the Jamaican coach. Tappa?
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
            X