X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alfreton Town 0-2 Sheffield United

Story by Jimmy Muir
    18 July 2007

Sheffield United won there second pre-season of the campaign with a 2-0 victory at Alfreton Town with goals from Ian Ross and Jordan Robertson.

Alfreton Town 0-2 Sheffield United
    Tuesday, 16 July 2007
    Sheffield United fielded trialists Jean-Joel Perrier Doumbe (Defender) and Jan-Michael Williams (Keeper) and looked impressive as they flew through the entire 90 minutes. New signing Gary Naysmith also competed the full game.

It was the home side that started the game off the brighter had had chances to score but both Cameroon and Jamaican internationals Dumbe and Luton Shelton both came close.

Rickard produced the home teams best effort, firing over the bar. Shelton's electronic pace allowed United to take the lead. Ross beating the keeper from 25 yards.

Stephen Quinn picked up an injury and was forced to be substituted by Jordan Robertson who netted the Blades second.

Trinidad international keeper Williams kept the dream alive by keeping out a Town insurgency whilst at the other end Shelton came close to adding to the score.
    Blades: Williams, Doumbe, Bromby, Kilgallon, Naysmith, Ross (Kerry 62), Tonge (Naughton 80), S. Quinn (Robertson 45), Leigertwood, Horsfield, Shelton.
    Unused: Annerson, Donnelly, Horwood.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

"Shelton's electronic pace..." - never quite seen such a description, but in today's world, very appropriate. Can I repeat this for y'all? He is the fastest/quickest/most efficient player "over ground" in the world! Yes, Karl, faster than Fabregas!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      "Shelton's electronic pace..." - never quite seen such a description, but in today's world, very appropriate. Can I repeat this for y'all? He is the fastest/quickest/most efficient player "over ground" in the world! Yes, Karl, faster than Fabregas!
      I think the word should be 'electric'

Where did you get the "fastest/quickest... in the world" quote from ?

Comment

You going to tell the writer which word to use? Is there something wrong in saying electronic instead of electric? But yuh nuh easy!

That quote is mine, with a little help from Karl.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You going to tell the writer which word to use? Is there something wrong in saying electronic instead of electric? But yuh nuh easy!

That quote is mine, with a little help from Karl.
          I am not telling the writer which word to use.

Where did you get that idea ?

Comment

Yes, Karl, faster than Fabregas!
            mmmm?
            Kindly remember, Fabregas is a snail...I beg you?!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I do remember you saying that someone was not even as fast as Fabregas. I hope you were not talking about Shelton! I believe you said that even Fabregas was not that slow, but relative to the other EPL players, he was. Something to that effect.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
              X