Jawge vindicated? Brazil are Champions of the Copa America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jawge vindicated? Brazil are Champions of the Copa America

Argentina was in the match early in the 2nd half...and, I thought they were doing well althougth they were 2 goals down at the end of the first half. They certainly created the chances to have made the score closer.

In the 2nd half Brazil dominated - completely until the last 5mins or so.

As to those who repeated dismiss my claims that Brazil has always defended well...forget the English commentators comments to the contrary...in this match not even an English commentator would fail to see the ease with which they defended at the many set pieces Argentina threw at them....and, the accomplished way they also dealt with defending Argentina attacks in open play. FANTASTIC defensive display!

Worthy CHAMPIONS!
    Last edited by Karl; July 16, 2007, 11:13 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I've always rated Brazil's defense, especially how they swarm attackers, preventing them from playing. They did that pretty well in the first half, but the second half they resorted to ugly, "cynical" fouls to thwart the Argentines. They also tried the blatant time-wasting tactics which the ref was quick to realise and penalise.

I wonder if the 1970 team used those tactics?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      I've always rated Brazil's defense, especially how they swarm attackers, preventing them from playing. They did that pretty well in the first half, but the second half they resorted to ugly, "cynical" fouls to thwart the Argentines. They also tried the blatant time-wasting tactics which the ref was quick to realise and penalise.

I wonder if the 1970 team used those tactics?
      Re: Yesterday defensive display by Brazil
      As you are most often...you're correct!
      ...now if only on Tappa????
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Okay karl I will discuss this at length
        with you. First let me say it comes as no surprise to me that Argentina was defeated. Tilla and some others do not watch and analyze these games, what they do is listen to the commentators. Karl brasil has mastered the pretty ball and shelved (Arg. is picking up what Brasil has in its museum) Brasil is a counter attacking team and never forget that. Can you recall the article lost in transition? Well I made several copies and gave it to my team to read. Some said coach what's this about? I set up a system where six attack and four defended with one player straying deep to the wing. I told the defenders as soon as they win the ball quickly pass it to the lone player up top. When done correctly it took two passes and the ball is in the goal. I blow the whistle and kept explaining why it's rapid, ruthless and successful. To this day some still cannot understand the concept whilst others do. It's simple we are humans and when attacking our defence is not in order to to respond to a rapid counter. The first goal came from a hail mary by elano and the next movement the ball was in the back of the goal. Arg. thought this was nothing (because media hyped them) what they couldn't see was that Brasil was controlling the middle and denying Requilme space (which is what he needs to operate) How Brasil controlled the middle? By disrupting every ball played there. Messi was a non factor because he is not the player to change a game, he has to feed off others. Once roman got space and he hit the upright, Brasil returned to their discipline and it was over. I felt sorry for Ayala because either way that ball was going in, the only that goal could have been stopped is if Danny was not allowed to cross. The third goal was classic from lost in transition; Three passes and arg was finished. Robinho made a firs time overhead pass to Love who moved and passed to Danny and that was it. I saw Arg's. demise when Mexico opened them with some quick passes in the 18, I said Brasil is a master at this how can they cope (please note the second goal game as a result of such quick passing) It may be hard to comprehend but today's Brasil is less dangerous when they come at you.

Now let's talk about the Jogo Bonito;Dunga knows that Brasil had to slow down their game to accomodate Socrates. The constant passing and spraying of ball without creativity is only effective if you are given space and time. Against a quick and ruthless midfield you are nothing.(please see how Romania destroyed colombia in 94 to amplify my point. This also why Bora does not want Hue because he used the same tactic to nuetralise el pepe and Co. hence defeating colombia in 94). Roman does not create, he needs time and space to set up his plays and in the modern game (with fast mdifielders) this sort of game is easy to counter and reduced to nothing.

I'm glad that dunga found another role for Danny because he just wasn't working out on the flanks. Dunga will need at least two more gifted players to put beside Robinho (he will then be ablle to destroy all that Europe has to offer). Right now although efficient this team would have problems against the top disciplined euro squads; they would be forced to rely on robinho's indidvuality (which may work but not all the time and one can't gamble at this level). Many will say that what Brasil did was ugly but how many teams are technical enough to execute that way. You need execellent first touch and accurate passing ability to pull it off. Brasil kept their class and pedigree. They played like a champion, it's sad to see Arg. trying to emulate the jogo bonito (when in truth that's not their game).
        Last edited by Jawge; July 16, 2007, 11:56 AM.

Comment

How does anyone respond to this piece of arrogant crap!? Address the fouling and time-wasting tactics by Brazil. I missed that in all of the fluff!

It's clear to all that even Brazil has bade jogo bonito goodbye.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Arrogance ? What are you
            talking about? Elano was injured and had to be subbed yet the ref gave him a yellow. Doni was genuinely hurt. Did you see how they stepped in Robinho? The argies were just kicking and shoving, oh after the third goal the real argentina surfaced. You like the that slow game with passes to build up plays but look at how colombia was dismantled in 94 and you will see. can you call El pebe creative? No, he was a passer just like Riquelme. Now you know why Bora won't go near Hue. Bora knows that game and know it's weak. You saw what Brasil did to Arg. didn't you. Trust me Brasil can attack with flair but you move according to the terrian and based on Dunga's man power; he would not win a head to head battle with Arg. in the attacking game. Mark of a good general. If Dunga hated the jogo bonito then why does keep calling Robinho for every game (except when injured)? When capello has the King on the bench, dunga calls the King for games.

Brasil just demonstrated that they are versatile; the chiles of this world get the Jogo bonito, the argies get the bolt with lightening counter attacks (Brasil is most dangerous when the go in defensive mode and launch counters, you could get six. It's better when they just run at you) Arg. lucky because it could have been 5-0 I saw a quick counter that was diverted by an Arg header. that was supposed to be the third goal. Did you see maicon on the line making that cross? also check Danny's cross with the Arg defenders laying down in the six yard. Arg. ran into the true champions of world football and they were outmatched, outclassed and beaten properly. Case closed. BTW did Messi tevez, Macheroma et al play? When since Brasil is a minnow, that they are lambs to the slaughter? Did you know that Brasil's defender would be a forward or attacking midfielder for most countries. Even Brasil C team must be revered and respected ( I think this lesson was taught in full yesterday)

Now send on Ghana and other champions from africa because that's where the next big battle will be. Nuh mind if the King could ah hold di France inna Africa, just sad that Zidane won't be around for the arsing.

Comment

Okay sah. I'll just archive this.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

good put some in yuh pipe
                an smoke it too. Brasil is an institution in football, yuh nuh juss come run up pon di champ an talk off yuh mout. Unnuh ah listen TV bout most complete and perfect team in the world. Is same way them hype colombia in 94. Hwn discipline and tactics tek dem, dem couldn't even pass the first round. Yuh seriously tink Arg. any talent near king Robinho? The king took them staright to semis and the rest of team took over. Now just imagine if Messi could carry a team on his back (something King Robinho has been doing since 17 years of age, small wonder pele said he sees himself in King Robinho)

Comment

waddup King Jawge, yo remember a few years back mi tell yo fi watch La liga fi a youth name Daniel Alves and yo promise yo would? well too bad it took yo dis long anyway, Alves is a defensive liability but besides dat, di man adi wikkidest right back mi eva si, by di way yo nuh realise se di same Anderson manU sign is the same one the Mexican dem almost kill last junior WC?

Argentina have a youth whe a destroy Russia, Messi cyaa floss pan dem man de level, o btw Drogna is a defender
                  Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                  Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Mi deh yah my yute, what ah
                    gwaan boss, long time nuh hear yuh. Danny cyaan manage di wing but see dunga fine use fi him in defensive mid. Mi know is di same anderson. So wha dis arg name? Yuh know is long time mi ah tell dem say Messi nuh inna King Robinho class but dem nah lissen I. Messi feeds off deco and dinho. If di game get tight him silent. Di king will take you on and open spaces fram Dunga come is only injury nuh mek di King wear di yellow (Btw him look like pele when him wear di ten ) Drogba haff a game but it nuh up pon di INT'L scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuttie View Post
                      Alves is a defensive liability but besides dat, di man adi wikkidest right back mi eva si

Gwaan, Yuttie!

Comment

Working...
                      X