Tactics in Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactics in Football

I watched over the Arsenal and Leicester game and a consistent scene I see is the freedom and nonsense way in which Arsene deploy his team in a short pass game. It is obvious that to play the right way in a short pass game, players have to make themselves available to receive the ball or offer option to the ball carrying player. That is a 3 prong or triangle ala Barcelona is the way forward yet Arsenal coach continue to set up his team in a straight line while attacking.
    this method allow only individual brilliance and limited options.
    In the leicester city game seven Arsenal players occupied the same area in a straight line offering no option to Alexis on the right wing. Now for the amount of pay Arsene receive why would he continue to go along with these tactics is beyond rational comprehension.
    Please Arsene a triangular attach is the way forward.
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Tell dem keyboard coach!!

Comment

Come on Dunny be practical Arsenal tactic

are outdated. The gunners with a new coach same team would be so much better. Watch the Leicester game and be objective. In the Middlebrough game
      Ozil needed to take a seat no sub, because Ramsey injured and Wilshere traded. Look what he did to Joel Campbell who has played so much better than Walcott and OX. We should hold the coach accountable when his tactics and team selections are off.
      Look how quickly and decisively Mourinho made his changes at the half which galvanised his team to at least play better. When last have we seen our coach make a Half time change. Prescribed and planned changes are things of the past. In the Middlebrough game Coquelin left Carzola exposed so often. Plus Coquelin failed to cover or offer passing lanes to his defenders. Most of The New German passes were to the side to Kos. Yet no screaming by the coach for Coq to offer option or tactical changes. It seem more time or not Arsene says go play and leave the team to do whatever.
      As fans we are not the coach but some of us do not wear tainted glasses and are objective in our analysis.
      For the last couple years Arsene ego or naivety is out of control. Failure to address holes in the team, prompt tactical changes during games and reluctance to spend on quality players to plug holes in the team.
      Arsenal for the last 3 or 4 years only needed a few players to be champions.
      A majority of Wengers new players have been rucks...Santos, Djoure, Chammack, Bender, Sanogo...et al
      "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
        are outdated. The gunners with a new coach same team would be so much better. Watch the Leicester game and be objective. In the Middlebrough game
        Ozil needed to take a seat no sub, because Ramsey injured and Wilshere traded. Look what he did to Joel Campbell who has played so much better than Walcott and OX. We should hold the coach accountable when his tactics and team selections are off.
        Look how quickly and decisively Mourinho made his changes at the half which galvanised his team to at least play better. When last have we seen our coach make a Half time change. Prescribed and planned changes are things of the past. In the Middlebrough game Coquelin left Carzola exposed so often. Plus Coquelin failed to cover or offer passing lanes to his defenders. Most of The New German passes were to the side to Kos. Yet no screaming by the coach for Coq to offer option or tactical changes. It seem more time or not Arsene says go play and leave the team to do whatever.
        As fans we are not the coach but some of us do not wear tainted glasses and are objective in our analysis.
        For the last couple years Arsene ego or naivety is out of control. Failure to address holes in the team, prompt tactical changes during games and reluctance to spend on quality players to plug holes in the team.
        Arsenal for the last 3 or 4 years only needed a few players to be champions.
        A majority of Wengers new players have been rucks...Santos, Djoure, Chammack, Bender, Sanogo...et al
        Arsene Wenger is a top coach, results will tell you that. His teams regardless of the personnel deliver consistent results year in year out. Not many other coaches could achieve results with them said flop players you've mentioned.

Comment

Quite understandable did you watch the Leicester game

during the 32 minutes when Sanchez had the ball on the right why were 7 gooners in a straight line offering no outlet or option to Sanchez. Also am I right about Coquelin during our last victory over Middlebrough. Elneny or the new mid would have provided better options in helping the defenders. I understand subs and using every players during a season but in game sub and tactics should not be set in stone. That is my gripe. Why can't the coach get up scream or make some damn changes more quickly to organized the team during a particular game when they are not functioning as a team towards goal or on defence.
          Last edited by PeeJay; September 13, 2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

during the 32 minutes when Sanchez had the ball on the right why were 7 gooners in a straight line offering no outlet or option to Sanchez. Also am I right about Coquelin during our last victory over Middlebrough. Elneny or the new mid would have provided better options in helping the defenders. I understand subs and using every players during a season but in game sub and tactics should not be set in stone. That is my gripe. Why can't the coach get up scream or make some damn changes more quickly to organized the team during a particular game when they are not functioning as a team towards goal or on defence.
            Didn't see the game just some short highlights. Was at the Emirates on Saturday for our lucky win, we are still not at our top level yet. Like the look of the Xhaka and Corzola midfield partnership hopefully we'll see that in Paris tonight.

Comment

Dunny Dunny every year we are not at our best when will we

Just watch the game and comment as a devoted fan you must have taped it or just google the full game. Then please comment with an objective analysis of our tactical balance. Would be nice if you give your opinion on the gist of my comments. lol

Comment

PeeJay Arsenal used to be my "second" side, during the years of the Invincibles, but Wenger proved to be a stubborn old goat who refused to properly rebuild the team. He has been found wanting repeatedly with his tactics which are pre-determined. You won't get any rebuke of Wenger out of Dunny.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  PeeJay Arsenal used to be my "second" side, during the years of the Invincibles, but Wenger proved to be a stubborn old goat who refused to properly rebuild the team. He has been found wanting repeatedly with his tactics which are pre-determined. You won't get any rebuke of Wenger out of Dunny.
                  You are right, in Wenger I trust 100%, who am I to question a coach who have never finished outside the top 4 in twenty years and never been knocked out in the group stage of the Champions League spending pittance in comparison to his rivals. pound for pound the best coach in the world hands down.

Comment

Careful you don't stub your toes on that low bar.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I guess Dunny not watching the PSG game to see how Arsene

is antiquated. Dunny Arsene is prehistoric need to go silently. However, for previous achievement given a watch and send out to pasture. Lets see his tactical nuance (changes) for this second half. For 45 minutes Arsenal did not attempt a shot on goal. Why buy a striker then play Sanchez there how many games will he realized Sanchez is not a Striker. Dunny seem to hold on to mediocrity and nostalgia.

Comment

In the Middlebrough game Coquelin left Carzola exposed so often. Plus Coquelin failed to cover or offer passing lanes to his defenders. Most of The New German passes were to the side to Kos. Yet no screaming by the coach for Coq to offer option or tactical changes. It seem more time or not Arsene says go play and leave the team to do whatever.
                        PeeJay take a look at this article, playing coquelin that far up the pitch is a tactic AW likes to employ, he did the same with Song when he was apart of the squad. Now I totally disagree with it but just pointing out that it was a calculated decision on AW's part.

To begin with, Coquelin had a decent game, though his defensive contribution wasn’t quite what we’re used to. That’s not to say his numbers weren’t good: he made 5 tackles, 4 interceptions and 6 ball recoveries but his allure is in part tied to the way he appeals to our visceral sense, propelling himself into challenges that leave shark-like ripples after he’s attacked. There were none of those trademark lunges; instead he tended to operate higher up the pitch, sensing the moments where he can quickly snuff out a counter-attack. This is where John Motson’s comments on Match of the Day seem to stem from: because Southampton played so deep, Coquelin’s contributions were actually mainly attacking, knitting up play due to his advanced positioning.

But some people also don’t get that this is also down to the way Arsene Wenger uses Coquelin in midfield, a strange role that means criticisms of the midfielder actually tend to be these days, a veiled attack on Wenger.
                        http://arseblog.com/2016/09/tactics-...s-southampton/
                        Last edited by Shola; September 14, 2016, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X