Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnley 2-O Pool(Halftime)

Good morning Sir X and Paul Marin.

What so good? We doing "more with less" ? hmm...

Never fear though, there are forty-five minutes left!
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
      Good morning Sir X and Paul Marin.
      Thanks for posting the darn score in your opening TAPIK !!!

I was taping the friggin game.

But iz my falt. I should not have logged on to the forum.

Thanks big man!!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Him suh waan fi rub it in, him figget de protocol!!

Goal-scoring problem all over... back to the drawing board Herr Klopp!!!
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
          Him suh waan fi rub it in, him figget de protocol!!

Goal-scoring problem all over... back to the drawing board Herr Klopp!!!
          Peter,

The goal scoring problem came from giving up a goal so early and so stupidly. Props to Burnley. Once the won the ball they were swift and decisive in setting up the striker. After that, they parked the bus and played a terrific defensive/counter attack game on the back of Gray's speed. The second goal came from a similar sophomoric turnover. I screwed up and didn't tape the game, but will rewatch it on Monday's replay. Some impressions I need to confirm:

1. Milner at left back is probably a frustration for the player - he looked lethargic and not quick enough. None of his crosses into the box were worth shyte and he couldn't penetrate on the dribble or combine with Coutinho. Hmmm...could you imagine the nize di empty head dem wouda mek if BR had done exactly the same thing - "playing Milner out of his natural position"? Football knowledgeable people realize that the "playing a player out of their natural position" has nothing to do with the player's "role". Two very different things. i understand Klopp's logic, but I don't agree Milner's a better option than Moreno.

2. No creativity between midfielders and forwards. Henderson is not the right guy in this kind of set up. Can should have started (but not sure of his status)

3. Too slow on the counter attack. I recall more than once holding up the ball in the midfield when we had a counter attacking advantage, but I have to look at that again. Burnley were so tightly packed that it seemed to me we should have used longer penetrating passes to beat them from our middle third. Trying to beat 11 men packed into the final third seemed an impossibility.

Anyway - I may be off on this. I have to see the game again.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I didn't watch most of the game, and missed both goals... from what i saw we pressed with no penetration...Burnley defended well and in numbers.

Did Mane play? I don't recall seeing him.

There s work to do!
            Peter R

Comment

U R welcomed!

Comment

Paul Liverpool have 2 problems. One is the defense. Milner is played there as Pool don't have a good left back. Moreno is good going forward but bad at defending. Pool needed to strenghten their defense. Pool need a focal point upfront. Nobody in the frontline look like them can head a ball or ruff up a defender off the ball. They are fast and good in channels but sometimes you need fighters especially on set plays.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

he is injured.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    Paul Liverpool have 2 problems. One is the defense. Milner is played there as Pool don't have a good left back. Moreno is good going forward but bad at defending. Pool needed to strenghten their defense. Pool need a focal point upfront. Nobody in the frontline look like them can head a ball or ruff up a defender off the ball. They are fast and good in channels but sometimes you need fighters especially on set plays.
                    I agree - no defense, no target up front. There is also a lack of on field leadership that has been missing since Gerrard's departure. Nuff werk fi do.
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                    X