RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA v. Uraguay in U-20. What a game!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA v. Uraguay in U-20. What a game!!!!!!!!!!

I will not be surprised if the US make the FIFA U-20 finals.

Mike Bradley has come of age. Freddy "the PHENOM" Adu is reddy!!

Uruguay like Brazil are plain sore losers.

The good thing is that the USA has gained the respect of all countries in football. Yes I am counting even grudgeful respect too Redzzz.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Uruguay have themselves to blame. I noticed they scored twice (one own goal gift to the US). I thought they played a better game against the US than Brazil did. The last time I was watching before switching to the big game, Uruguay was leading 1-0. They then scored an own goal and the US then took care of business from there.

They seem to have shut Altidore out of the game and frustrated the hell out of him. Freddy did not dominate as he did against Brazil, but provided that wonderful cross which Bradley finally buried to put the final nail in the coffin of the Uruguayans. It is tough for those South Americans, but that is the game.

I think the South Americans feel they should not be losing to the US. THe US will surprise any time who think like that though as they play a good team game.

Congrats to the USA!
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      I think the South Americans feel they should not be losing to the US.
      You nailed it right there.

It also makes me think of the playoffs for World Cup qualification when they faced Australia and lost on PKs. Before the game Recoba said:

"Our advantage is that we are Uruguay - one of the teams that have won the World Cup. Uruguay is Uruguay and must qualify."

They can't handle the idea of losing to the USA and other soccer upstarts.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
        - Xavi

Comment

"Our advantage is that we are Uruguay - one of the teams that have won the World Cup. Uruguay is Uruguay and must qualify."

This is the nonsense I am trying to get Ben J (Maudib) to dispel. When it comes to the 90 minutes on the field, history has nothing to do with the outcome.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            Uruguay have themselves to blame. I noticed they scored twice (one own goal gift to the US). I thought they played a better game against the US than Brazil did. The last time I was watching before switching to the big game, Uruguay was leading 1-0. They then scored an own goal and the US then took care of business from there.

They seem to have shut Altidore out of the game and frustrated the hell out of him. Freddy did not dominate as he did against Brazil, but provided that wonderful cross which Bradley finally buried to put the final nail in the coffin of the Uruguayans. It is tough for those South Americans, but that is the game.

I think the South Americans feel they should not be losing to the US. THe US will surprise any time who think like that though as they play a good team game.

Congrats to the USA!
            ...as you know I never watched that game...but, let me join you in saying - GO USA!

No apologies - I am a USA supporter as long as the opponent is not JA!

GO USA!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X