Claude Davis move hit brick wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claude Davis move hit brick wall?

Derby have called in football ambassador Craig Brown to try and save Claude Davis' £3m transfer from Sheffield United - he needs a work permit but did not play in 75% of Jamaica's games last year. (Daily Star)
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

The 75% restriction can be waived.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Exactly.

If he were just showing up in England it would be one thing, but he already has an established career there.

I expect this to go through for him.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Derby have called in football ambassador Craig Brown to try and save Claude Davis' £3m transfer from Sheffield United - he needs a work permit but did not play in 75% of Jamaica's games last year. (Daily Star)
        Question: Was there a statement coming out of the mouth of one of the JFF's big-wigs that not having played 75% of Jamaica's international matches would not be a problem?

...and...

Was there also not a statement on policy coming out of the JFF that the National Senior TEAM was being used as (my words - a bit of a joke TEAM and not a 'real' National Senior Team ) to expose youth players?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yah, he played in most of his team games.. He should not have a problem.

Comment

Karl, tell me, what is more important - the JFF carrying thru with whatever plan it may have for its program or making sure that individual players have the "required" 75%?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you can do both... cant you??

Comment

the JFF is too one track and a that a mi problem with the whole a them.

You can blood local player and work with the foriegn based players a lot better.

That can only happen if we have a plan.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  the JFF is too one track and a that a mi problem with the whole a them.

You can blood local player and work with the foriegn based players a lot better.
                  Yuh mean they cannot walk and chew gum? Or as my mother would say, they can't ride and whistle.
                  Multitasking is a hell of a thing for some folks. . .
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

The problem is with these stupid rules which seems to different for different group of people.

Tell me the hell how did West Ham win such a case to stay in the premier league with all that illegal activity at the expense of Sheffield.
                    Claude Davis play for Sheffield all season so what is the problem with work permit. Was he a tief . This why England side never pick good yet.

Comment

Not sure if you can. Look what's happening now. If a coach has a different philosophy or just doesn't like who was there before, why should he be forced to select a player simply to validate his work permit?!? Look at Donovan Ricketts. It's quite likely that Bora may not look his way again, given the "quality" keepers that have come to the fore. Does the JFF have an obligation to select him for 75% of the matches just because they want him to continue working?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It will go through......He ain't walking off ah football pitch back ah yard straight into da Premiership........He plays for da Rams next season, have no doubts.
                        "Stand in love, don't fall in love" Stephen Marley

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Karl, tell me, what is more important - the JFF carrying thru with whatever plan it may have for its program or making sure that individual players have the "required" 75%?
                          What a question?

You know of any JFF plan?
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            There should be a law against the word plan and the JFF being used in the same sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                              What a question?

You know of any JFF plan?
                              And the injustice continues.

Comment

Working...
                              X