RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Third place finish in COPA, is satisfactory. ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third place finish in COPA, is satisfactory. ...

.....for the USA; considering all the countries involved.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

You sounding like it's a done deal?! Is it?
    Peter R

Comment

It's a replay of the opening match! USA should be looking to win for more than one reason! good luck to your side.... they will need it!
      Peter R

Comment

How about 4th?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
          .....for the USA; considering all the countries involved.
          You really think the USA is better than Columbia?. I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            How about 4th?
            4th. ? Naaaaah.

Need to put to put some copper in the showcase.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
              You really think the USA is better than Columbia?. I don't think so.
              Yes I do Reggae PhD.

This Colombia squad is not the real deal.

Was it Peru that gave them much problems?

HL

Comment

4th place is an achievement. Look at the sides that went home??

I know you want them to step up on Saturday but, can they handle the ride against that midfield?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

the midfeel is for reel though.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    the midfeel is for reel though.
                    ....wood and Jones should be back?

HL

Comment

I hope for the best but Colombia -
                      a) Moves the ball faster and the players instinctively move.

Converse - USA sits on the ball too long. I know some here may find it strange that I am saying this when our Reggae Boyz move the ball even slower...but that is why our Reggae Boyz are where they are in terms of whippings we have taken. The higher the level play, the faster and move efficient the passing plus - (= the ball moves swiftly on rotation - less time opponents have to set up on defense) - the faster and more efficiently players move into great positions. The more likely there are wins.

b) The Colombians are also far superior technically.

That is the game right there!
                      Swiftness of actions and superiority of technical skills separate teams.
                      The slow poke way Jamaica players go about playing does not cut it. Our great problem is our coaches cement that 'slow to act' physical and mental exercise as conditioned reflex.

So we recently defeated Chile but watch a reply and you shall see Chile's movement and passing had us running 2nd for 90+% of the game. Our coaches and others may view that winning as wonderful testament to their teaching-coaching when they should logically see facts of the match - whipped consistently on movement and passing...therefore mute the self-congratulations and commit to work hard on, from our youngest upwards to national senior TEAM on swift movement and passing, passing and movement even as they work on other phases of the game. Not a hard thing to do!!!!

...that is what real teachers do - Continuously seek to improve knowledge and ways to transfer same to students. No resting on one's laurels. The world...and our football moves on at blinding pace!!!

Teachers are not afforded the luxury of 'patting selves on the back'. it is always - improve knowledge and improve methods of teaching-coaching...transferring that knowledge. Constantly seeking best way to do same. We need our teacher-coaches of football to step up and thus 'do not fail di yute' and our country.
                      Last edited by Karl; June 24, 2016, 08:35 AM.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck to them, BUT I don't see them defeating Colombia.......They already defeated us 2-0, in the opener, and dominated the game.

Comment

Karl,

You are right about this: many of our footballers believe that "playing football" means "playing WITH the football". I have seen it so many times, and even when playing myself; there is always the "maestro" who wants to hold up the ball, while the entire opposition runs back, before he decides to release it...
                            Peter R

Comment

Unless Colombia change their game or the US give away a penalty. You can't save James penalties, they are well taken. The US should beat them. The US dropped their shoulders when Arg. scored in less than 20 mins in the game. That shouldn't be. You can't score on Germany 12 mins in the game and say you win. Yes the US plays the same was as Germany.

Comment

Working...
                              X