A Letter to Coach Bora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Letter to Coach Bora

Dear Mr. Milutinovic: Now that your experimentation with local players came to an end with the tour of Asia, you have indicated that you want to move forward by calling our players playing abroad who can fit into the national team. Seeing that I am not sure just what information on our players have been passed to you by the current JFF administration, I am making an effort to assist you in knowing where our players are located.
    While this is not an exhaustive list, it is intended to identify all our players who are playing professionally abroad or identify good young players who may be in a college or university and was at one time in the Jamaican national team system.

The list puts forward every player, even if some may be quite advanced in age, but if they are still playing professionally, they are listed. You would therefore need to select from the list which players meet your criteria for a call to the national team.

With a large group of players like this, there is no reason why properly organized games cannot get enough players to show to make us competitive.

I think what you have done with the totally local team was great and should help in identifying who you would want in “final cut” as you narrow your player pool to the number you think would be appropriate.
    Without further ado Mr. Milutinovic, here are the players:-

Goalkeeper
    Donovan Ricketts

Defenders
    Claude David - Derby FC – English Premiership
    Shavar Thomas – Chivas USA, MLS
    Tyrone Marshall – Toronto FC, MLS
    Ricardo Gardner – Bolton Wanderers, English Premiership
    Damion Stewart – Queens Park Rangers, English Championship
    Michael Johnson - Derby FC – English Premiership
    Darren Moore – Derby FC, English Premiership
    Shane Crawford - Charleston Battery, USSL
    Oniel Thompson - Notodden F.K., Norweigan 2nd Division
    Ian Goodison - Tranamere, English League 2
    Frank Sinclair - Huddersfield Town, English League 1
    Trevor McEachron - Richmond Kickers, USSL
    Nyron Nosworthy - Sunderland, English Premiership

Midfielders
    Jermaine Johnson – Sheffield Wednesday, English Championship
    Andy Williams – Real Salt Lake, MLS
    Khari Stephenson – AIK Stockholm, Swedish 1st Division
    Dane Richards – New York Red Bulls, MLS
    Omar Daley – Bradford City, English League 2
    Sean Fraser – Miami FC, USSL
    Steven Deroux – DC United, MLS
    Jason Euell – Middlesbourough, English Premiership
    Fabian Dawkins - Montreal Impact, USSL
    Damian Francis – Watford FC, English Championship
    Jamal Campbell-Ryce - Southend United, English League 1
    Akeem Priestley - University of Connecticut, USA
    Richard Langley - Luton Town, English League 1
    Micah Hyde - Peterborough United, English League 2
    Joel McAnuff – Watford, English Championship

Strikers
    Nicholas Addlery – DC United, MLS
    Damani Ralph – Rubin Kazan F.C., Russian 1st Division
    Marlon King – Watford FC, English Championship
    Ricardo Fuller – Stoke City, English Champonship
    Tefore Bennett - Öster IF, Swedish 1st Division
    Luton Shelton – Sheffield United, English Champonship
    Deon Burton - Sheffield Wednesday (English Championship)
    Reneil Sappleton - Leicester City, English Championship
    Kevin Lisbie - Charlton Athletic, English Championship
    Omar Cummings – Colorado Rapids, MLS
    Darren Byfield, Millwall, English League 1

Hopefully we will be able to get off to a better start with the inclusion of more seasoned players as you move to the second phase of your task.

Your's Respectfully,

Tilla Mawnin
    Kansas City, Missouri
    USA
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
    Dear Mr. Milutinovic: Now that your experimentation with local players came to an end with the tour of Asia, you have indicated that you want to move forward by calling our players playing abroad who can fit into the national team. Seeing that I am not sure just what information on our players have been passed to you by the current JFF administration, I am making an effort to assist you in knowing where our players are located.
    While this is not an exhaustive list, it is intended to identify all our players who are playing professionally abroad or identify good young players who may be in a college or university and was at one time in the Jamaican national team system.

The list puts forward every player, even if some may be quite advanced in age, but if they are still playing professionally, they are listed. You would therefore need to select from the list which players meet your criteria for a call to the national team.

With a large group of players like this, there is no reason why properly organized games cannot get enough players to show to make us competitive.

I think what you have done with the totally local team was great and should help in identifying who you would want in “final cut” as you narrow your player pool to the number you think would be appropriate.
    Without further ado Mr. Milutinovic, here are the players:-

Goalkeeper
    Donovan Ricketts

Defenders
    Claude David - Derby FC – English Premiership
    Shavar Thomas – Chivas USA, MLS
    Tyrone Marshall – Toronto FC, MLS
    Ricardo Gardner – Bolton Wanderers, English Premiership
    Damion Stewart – Queens Park Rangers, English Championship
    Michael Johnson - Derby FC – English Premiership
    Darren Moore – Derby FC, English Premiership
    Shane Crawford - Charleston Battery, USSL
    Oniel Thompson - Notodden F.K., Norweigan 2nd Division
    Ian Goodison - Tranamere, English League 2
    Frank Sinclair - Huddersfield Town, English League 1
    Trevor McEachron - Richmond Kickers, USSL
    Nyron Nosworthy - Sunderland, English Premiership

Midfielders
    Jermaine Johnson – Sheffield Wednesday, English Championship
    Andy Williams – Real Salt Lake, MLS
    Khari Stephenson – AIK Stockholm, Swedish 1st Division
    Dane Richards – New York Red Bulls, MLS
    Omar Daley – Bradford City, English League 2
    Sean Fraser – Miami FC, USSL
    Steven Deroux – DC United, MLS
    Jason Euell – Middlesbourough, English Premiership
    Fabian Dawkins - Montreal Impact, USSL
    Damian Francis – Watford FC, English Championship
    Jamal Campbell-Ryce - Southend United, English League 1
    Akeem Priestley - University of Connecticut, USA
    Richard Langley - Luton Town, English League 1
    Micah Hyde - Peterborough United, English League 2
    Joel McAnuff – Watford, English Championship

Strikers
    Nicholas Addlery – DC United, MLS
    Damani Ralph – Rubin Kazan F.C., Russian 1st Division
    Marlon King – Watford FC, English Championship
    Ricardo Fuller – Stoke City, English Champonship
    Tefore Bennett - Öster IF, Swedish 1st Division
    Luton Shelton – Sheffield United, English Champonship
    Deon Burton - Sheffield Wednesday (English Championship)
    Reneil Sappleton - Leicester City, English Championship
    Kevin Lisbie - Charlton Athletic, English Championship
    Omar Cummings – Colorado Rapids, MLS
    Darren Byfield, Millwall, English League 1

Hopefully we will be able to get off to a better start with the inclusion of more seasoned players as you move to the second phase of your task.

Your's Respectfully,

Tilla Mawnin
    Kansas City, Missouri
    USA
    Now it should be obvious why a player like Whitmore should be preserved and kept 'in form' to represent until he literally cannot play another game..

Unless Whitmore is suffering from some ailment, in this day and age he should be able to play international ball until his late 30's... his club career is irrelevant, whatever gas he has left in his tank should be preserved for the critical job of representing his country.

Comment

good letter, only question is what great did he do with the local players?

Good Mr Tilla
      a few names could be added but very good.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Could you take ANDY WILLIAMS off the list please. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
          his club career is irrelevant
          It certainly has been

Comment

Waiting with bated breath for the start of preparations for making an attempt at qualification for a second visit to the World Cup Finals competition.

The aim must be to qualify and once at those World Cup Finals create a very favourable impression. An impression which would be similar to that displayed by Ghana at the 2006 World Cup Finals.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Could you take ANDY WILLIAMS off the list please. Thanks.
              The list is not one of my choice of players. It is a list of all players I could find who are actively playing with a club, irrespective of their age. If it were up to me, I would have left out Frank Sinclair, Ian Goodison, Michael Johnson and Darren Moore, as they are really advanced in age. But then, considering age is not the criteria and they are playing professionally, which indicates they have form and fitness, then they are included too.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                good letter, only question is what great did he do with the local players?

Good Mr Tilla
                a few names could be added but very good.
                Whether you believe it or not, Bora's work so far with the national team has its element of good. For one, it has exposed some of our more inexperienced players to the game at the international level, which if you ask me has added depth to the player pool. Secondly, the coach now has a better feel of the players at that level and their capabilities.

Be aware that this was not a list of all players who should be in the Jamaica team. If you look carefully, you will see that Jermaine Hue was not included, because this is a list of players outside the country who are playing professionally or otherwise.

I am sure I could have missed a player or two, if so please help in identifying them. One I can think of is striker Ryan Johnson who was with the Chicago Fire. He is no longer listed with the Fire so I am not sure where he is at this time.

Anyway, add to the list Ssass. . .

Comment

A note to Bora,
                  Elections will be held on August 27th, 2007, after that there will be no more political will to pay you salary. Shape up or be prepared to be shipped out.
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

there is that slight thing call a contract....my friend..

Comment

I have not seen it but they are usually written so that coaches can be fired at anytime for poor performance,
                      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Tilla,
                        great letter, probably one I would have written if I had the info. Notable omissions, Jermaine Hue and a young central defender who represented an u-20 team, a few years ago, from Peterborough Utd, Bradley something-or-other. Look hi up, should be among some of or old profiles. I also lke Marco McDonald of Waterhouse.

Comment

Rico, the letter was intended to bring attention to those players outside of the country. I guess it could be revised to be a letter of the players who have been overlooked by Bora, then Hue, Scarlett, Kelly, Marco McDonald, Tappa (if he is still playing ball), and other home based players could be included. I was trying to avoid doing that as then you open this thing up to almost every player in the NPL who Bora has not called. I did not want to be playing the role of selector, so I just focused on those players outside of the country.

The intent was never to leave out those guys, but it seems to have done just that. I guess the player you are talking about is Bradley Thomas. I noticed he no longer plays with Peterborough and has been bouncing around in the league below League 2 (conference?). He is currently listed with a club called Crawley Town. Anyway, the list can be updated to have him added.

I will update later to include the home based players missed and the other foreign based as well.

Comment

i notice that you have not shown any of the players that are now plying their trade in Belgium. One of those players that come to mind immediately is Demar Stewart. You could look into adding the rest since I believe all of them have played for the senior team at some point.

Comment

pHoQrY...Tilla stated that: "While this is not an exhaustive list..."
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X