Brazil through by the skin of their teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brazil through by the skin of their teeth

Uruguay played them well, but messed up faltered in the penalty kicks.

BTW, was Robinho on the field for the two halves? I saw his penalty kick, but cannot remember him on the field of play.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

I was actually rooting for Brasil to win so that Argentina can dismantle them in the finals. But of course it will all mean nothingas the apologists will come wit one long back a excuses that KAKA and RONALDINHO were not there and blah blah blah blah

P.S. The linesman has to signal that the penalty be retaken the goalkeeper was at least 3 yards of his line before the ball was kicked.

Comment

Was the brazillian keeper legally entitled to move off his line before the penalty kick?

Comment

Originally posted by No Mercy View Post
        Was the brazillian keeper legally entitled to move off his line before the penalty kick?
        No, the referees erred. The rules state that the GK has to remain on the goal line until the shot is taken. He can move on the line however (side to side). That PK should have been retaken.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

That happens when the mandate is to control the path of the ball leading to him (Robinho). The previous two teams did not do that very well.

Uruguay was well prepared for the game.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

The Argentina v. MexTico matchup is going to be a good game.
            I never cheer for MexTico--but I would like CONCACAF to win the Copa America title.
            Last edited by HL; July 11, 2007, 10:57 PM.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
            X