Schafer must go NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schafer must go NOW!

One of the lines I've heard in support of Schäfer is that Jamaica no longer gets five and six nil from the big teams of the world. Just a reminder that Jamaica did actually get clobbered eight nil in France in 2014. I would choose getting the odd six nil and still being in contention and indeed going forward to qualify for the World Cup finals as we did in 1998, over boasting about rubbing shoulders with big teams in useless friendly's and valueless tournaments, while getting beaten by Nicaragua and Panama in vital World Cup games.

Schäfer's attitude towards the exposure and development of our young players and his overt bias, disrespect and disdain for the nation's young local-based footballers continue to tear away at the very fabric of the future of the game in Jamaica. His preferred option remains running off to England in search of "half good' and "half committed" players, to whom he then has to 'bow" and 'beg' to come and play for Jamaica. He has flatly refused the notion of finding a balance and look where it has gotten us. Without even getting into the details of Schäfer's technical and tactical incompetence, it is quite safe to say that pound-for-pound and dollar-for-dollar, Schäfer has turned out to be a terrible investment and arguably the worst national senior football coach to have graced the shores of Jamaica, he needs to go, and he needs to go NOW!

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...er-must-go-now

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Stoni I see that you answered him:

rabaloc1978 • 7 hours ago

You must be on crack or something. It's people like you that has nothing to write about that keeps interfering in things above your pay grade and in turn prevent Jamaica from reaching to the next level in football. People like you that have no clue about football at this level loves to constantly put your one cent worth in that makes the likes of Puncheon, Gayle, Deany, Dannny Rose (to name a few) reluctant to joining the Reggae Boys. If this coach is allowed to select his team without any interference from idiots like you Jamaica in turn will attract more of the highly rated players that apply their trade in the English premier league, which in turn gives Jamaica a more realistic chance of being a permanent fixture in FIFA top 50 rankings which you Mr idiot apparently don't realize will give many of our local lads the opportunity to get contracts to the top leagues in Europe. I for one believes that once given the opportunity to play in the top leagues in Europe our local lads would give the foreign born players a run for there money.

So please stay out of this and stick to Jacks
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Or Burrell,He needs to take the Capn with him when he goes.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Nedda nonsense argument!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The entire article?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Let me answer you this way - If the thread is, " Schafer must go NOW! " how do you jump to connecting the bullet points?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              One of the lines I've heard in support of Schäfer is that Jamaica no longer gets five and six nil from the big teams of the world. Just a reminder that Jamaica did actually get clobbered eight nil in France in 2014. I would choose getting the odd six nil and still being in contention and indeed going forward to qualify for the World Cup finals as we did in 1998, over boasting about rubbing shoulders with big teams in useless friendly's and valueless tournaments, while getting beaten by Nicaragua and Panama in vital World Cup games.

Schäfer's attitude towards the exposure and development of our young players and his overt bias, disrespect and disdain for the nation's young local-based footballers continue to tear away at the very fabric of the future of the game in Jamaica. His preferred option remains running off to England in search of "half good' and "half committed" players, to whom he then has to 'bow" and 'beg' to come and play for Jamaica. He has flatly refused the notion of finding a balance and look where it has gotten us. Without even getting into the details of Schäfer's technical and tactical incompetence, it is quite safe to say that pound-for-pound and dollar-for-dollar, Schäfer has turned out to be a terrible investment and arguably the worst national senior football coach to have graced the shores of Jamaica, he needs to go, and he needs to go NOW!

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...er-must-go-now
              Everybaddy 'Ave an axe to grine to rahtid.

This rite up your street.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

yuh had a problem with him when we eliminated usa from the gold cup & went to the final?

Comment

Messenger, Bricky. Just posting the article.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yes i realised that after clicking...dem nuh use quotation marks at munro?

Comment

I'm not at Munro. Btw, the name is always capitalised.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The problem is not Schaeffer; it's his boss(es)!
                        Peter R

Comment

Yes mo, the entire article. Now exercise your "delete" powers

Comment

Working...
                          X