A football plan that worked for a tiny country - Iceland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A football plan that worked for a tiny country - Iceland

We are broke so we will have to do some fund raising. otherwise these ideas are transferable.

“Part of the real success here even at the top level is they have very educated coaches starting at five or six years of age,” Lagerback says. “The system is very good. You can see they are really pushing on the development of talented players at the clubs. If you look at our squad for the Euros, and look at the younger players I would definitely say these are well educated.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football...lars-lagerback
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

"The result is a spread of expertise right down to the lowest level. “Here you need a Uefa B licence to coach from under-10 level up and half of the Uefa B licence to coach under-eights,” Dagur Sveinn Dagbjartsson of the Icelandic FA says. This isn’t simply box-ticking. The Uefa B is one step off the level needed to coach a professional team in England. Yelling dads it ain’t."

A wha kind a foolishness this....them people no have no sense???!!!
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Crazy people. But then again nuff snow deh a Iceland. They going overboard on this youth development thing though. why don't they take a page out of our book/

Comment

A population of 300K and GDP averaging 17 billion. Careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
          A population of 300K and GDP averaging 17 billion. Careful.
          Did you miss my opening line about the fund raising? I realized that the availability of cash was what made this possible. The author made that clear!
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Fund raising? How will this "fund raising" be sustained to accommodate the demands of a growing program?

Comment

Fund raising? How will this "fund raising" be sustained to accommodate the demands of a growing program?

I will leave that to the fund raising professionals. However, I would expect that they would set limits on what is to be funded.

Comment

You are right. I will leave it to the "professional fund raisers". I'm in over my head here. Thanks for correcting me.

Comment

You are right. I will leave it to the "professional fund raisers". I'm in over my head here. Thanks for correcting me.
                  LOL!

Sounds like you've never sustained a development program or perhaps a business....as a result you're clueless.

This is a failing of engaging in mere yappin'
                  Last edited by Don1; June 17, 2016, 02:58 PM.
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Easy Jawge, I am not over my head. I am just very humble. Trust me on that one.

Comment

Time it's been a while;I've known you here. I know that you are an intelligent person and I have a lot of respect for you. Concerning the "over head" talk; I was referring to myself. I didn't expect you to take it personal. I know you mean well for Ja. I know you are trying to exhaust all possibilities to see Ja stand tall on the football map. I'm only here offering constructive critique.

Humility? That's my name on many occasions.

Comment

Time it's been a while;I've known you here. I know that you are an intelligent person and I have a lot of respect for you. Concerning the "over head" talk; I was referring to myself. I didn't expect you to take it personal. I know you mean well for Ja. I know you are trying to exhaust all possibilities to see Ja stand tall on the football map. I'm only here offering constructive critique.

Humility? That's my name on many occasions.
                        Sorry for the misunderstanding. No problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X