WOW!!!.......Glad I didn't bet on the Iceland-Portugal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW!!!.......Glad I didn't bet on the Iceland-Portugal

game.......Heard how they invested heavily in coaching & player development, and with a population of only 300,000.......Congratulations to them & wish continued success in the tournament.

HL?
    Peter R

Comment

And the U.S. "claimed" one of their promising young players - Aron Johannsson.

Comment

Did he bet on the game???

Comment

Why would you bet on Portugal?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No. I was referring to his comment on the depth of the talent pool available to countries.
            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Why would you bet on Portugal?
              I know

Comment

He said the "Iceland-Portugal game"... he could have been contemplating betting on an Iceland win!
                Peter R

Comment

Ok!!!

Comment

I would have bet on Portugal, to win.......I know they've disappointed before, but I thought they would defeat Iceland......Might have to consult you before making a bet, next time.

Comment

Thought Jangle and I wrapped that up yesterday.

...countries with small population who SPECIALIZES in sprint do well....

....countries with large population--who do NOT specialize in sprint will not do well.

[Switch sprint with football].

Venezuela and Panama major sport is baseball--but because of population pool size, they produce (extra) prospective players who do well in football.

Uruguay specializes in football...Jamaica does not.

Jamaica specializes in sprint.

Population and pool size is NOT the determining factor for success in any area. Specializing in: plays the major role.
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

No, how many people in their right mind would bet on Iceland? It was like betting on lcfc.com to win the Premiership.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                        X