Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting through all the hysterical nonsense

These stats tell the story:

As well as they played against a FIFA Top 10 team.. mistakes still kill at this level.. silver lining is Watson will never play LB when team is healthy.

Now.. back to your regularly scheduled snow yapping.

Attached Files

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
    These stats tell the story:

As well as they played against a FIFA Top 10 team.. mistakes still kill at this level.. silver lining is Watson will never play LB when team is healthy.

Now.. back to your regularly scheduled snow yapping.

Yes they do.
    However, missing is the part on the fact that we were crap!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Yeah but even with the stats you could see very clear deficiencies in how we play. Too bad we never bring a more motivated and defense intense focus, this Copa showed we can actually play with these teams but we must bring theA game on the D side the man dem carve we up bad yesterday in the second half, same thing like in Mexico game.

We did not play defense the way say venezuela played against mex yesterday that was intense ball for the whole game, our passion waS missing. Collectively I see a weak first touch which affects the passing game and also affects the quick attack, psychological advantage game. Coming up the field we look like telegraph in the age of internet, slow nuh $%&+?!!! We trying to play possession ball when we should be playing blitzkrieg style ball on the attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
        Yeah but even with the stats you could see very clear deficiencies in how we play. Too bad we never bring a more motivated and defense intense focus, this Copa showed we can actually play with these teams but we must bring theA game on the D side the man dem carve we up bad yesterday in the second half, same thing like in Mexico game.

We did not play defense the way say venezuela played against mex yesterday that was intense ball for the whole game, our passion waS missing. Collectively I see a weak first touch which affects the passing game and also affects the quick attack, psychological advantage game. Coming up the field we look like telegraph in the age of internet, slow nuh $%&+?!!! We trying to play possession ball when we should be playing blitzkrieg style ball on the attack.
        Someone once said, "it is a game of small margins".
        ...but damn we came in too often 2nd,
        - at arriving at the ball;

- in moving into space when one of our TEAMmates had possession;

- in moving the ball (i.e. sharing the ball among selves) quickly;

and then we were 1st,

- in time spent dribbling when great outlets to teammate were available;

- in 'turn-overs' = self-inflicted wounds... = give-aways;

- in quality of passing on goal!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I have always thought that why we dribble so much is to give more time to think because 1st touch is so bad it buys more time for player but it also collapses and tightens passing channels and creates less space to play incisive passes.

Comment

And when we dribble we dribble with the head down because we cannot trust the bounce of the ball

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
              I have always thought that why we dribble so much is to give more time to think because 1st touch is so bad it buys more time for player but it also collapses and tightens passing channels and creates less space to play incisive passes.
              I cannot let this pass. Please list the English based players who possess a good( I won't even say great) first touch. We all know that first touch is an intricate part of the English born and trained game so kindly list said players on the JA team.

Comment

Working...
              X