Future Joint Copa Americas: Reduce Ticket Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Joint Copa Americas: Reduce Ticket Prices

I can't recall the article, but the article said that if CONMEBOL and CONCACAF
    are to hold joint Copa Americas in the USA in the future, ticket prices must be reduced for first-round matches between teams not named USA, Mexico, Brazil, or Argentina.

For the Jamaica vs. Venezuela match in Chicago, the announced attendance was 25,560 for a stadium that holds about 60,000. The numbers did not say
    whether that was tickets sold, or bodies in the seats. Given that tickets were first sold in a four-match package that included first round matches with Argentina, Brazil and a quarterfinal match, I would say at least 5,000 fans stayed home.

When individual game tickets went on sale for Jamaica vs. Venezuela, the cheapest ticket was US $50.

For the second round World Cup qualifier between USA and Jamaica in Columbus , the ticket prices started at US $35. Columbus' 25,000-seat stadium was sold out.

The number one rule of sports marketing: EMPTY SEATS DON'T CHEER OR BUY BEER.

Some the current location also need to change. I can tell you if a game played in the ATL or Tennessee it would have been ram. Chicago was very bad.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
      I can't recall the article, but the article said that if CONMEBOL and CONCACAF
      are to hold joint Copa Americas in the USA in the future, ticket prices must be reduced for first-round matches between teams not named USA, Mexico, Brazil, or Argentina.

For the Jamaica vs. Venezuela match in Chicago, the announced attendance was 25,560 for a stadium that holds about 60,000. The numbers did not say
      whether that was tickets sold, or bodies in the seats. Given that tickets were first sold in a four-match package that included first round matches with Argentina, Brazil and a quarterfinal match, I would say at least 5,000 fans stayed home.

When individual game tickets went on sale for Jamaica vs. Venezuela, the cheapest ticket was US $50.

For the second round World Cup qulifier between USA and Jamaica in Columbus , the ticket prices started at US $35. Columbus' 25,000-seat stadium was sold out.

The number one rule of sports marketing: EMPTY SEATS DON'T CHEER OR BUY BEER.
      Money talks............

CONCACAF & CONMEBOL is making lots and lots of money in this Copa America.

Yes tickets for first round games between lower ranked countries should be reduced.

Tickets for the teams that you mentioned can sell for more than a thousand dollars. ....on stub hub and other ticket outlets.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
      X