Is there a place on the Reggae Boyz for a:-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a place on the Reggae Boyz for a:-

Deon Burton - Striker from Sheffield Wednesday?

Do you guys think he can still cut it? I know he was not a fovorite of many on here, but he is still playing ball at a higher level than many of those we thought were better.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

As long as he can still contribute on the field he should be there. It is also possible that he can be somewhat of a mentor to some of the younger players.

Comment

Is not a matter of not been favorite but when the man a ramp him fi get drop.

Burton to his credit has taken his career serious again, He is playing football again and scoring.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yep!.

Comment

I tell unnuh bout wi jumakan,
          small wonder we insist onplanting sugar cane and making rum (whilst the world move to another level in the info age)

Comment

don't understand. what does that have to do with burton?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

When yuh emancipate yuhself from
              the mental slavery then the understanding will come.

Comment

ah see.

i'm sorry i couldn't get to learn from the swami himself.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

it's funny how Burton can walk in
                  and out of the rboyz setup without any hassle. If Tappa (Ja's greatest to date) most people get bent out of shape. This is why I find it difficult to see Boyus as a coach; Boyus was quick to select Burton for England game but could not call on the genius Tappa. What did burton do in the England game? Nothing,but it's not a problem.Had it been Tappa? Whew you would not hear the end of it. I guess we will just have to accept it; that's us in Ja, we like to cling to our slavery past and not move beyond it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                    it's funny how Burton can walk in
                    and out of the rboyz setup without any hassle. If Tappa (Ja's greatest to date) most people get bent out of shape. This is why I find it difficult to see Boyus as a coach; Boyus was quick to select Burton for England game but could not call on the genius Tappa. What did burton do in the England game? Nothing,but it's not a problem.Had it been Tappa? Whew you would not hear the end of it. I guess we will just have to accept it; that's us in Ja, we like to cling to our slavery past and not move beyond it.
                    When Tappa can be playing ball on a consistent basis, we can revisit this argument. Who is Tappa playing for now Jawge? Who or what league is Burton playing in?

Mo, you should have picked it up yhat all along jawge was leading you down a road to a Tappa discussion again.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

heh heh! But Tappa's past is not part of that "slavery past"!

Good one! heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tappa nuh stop play ball and a coach full time now?

Comment

Boss a person of Tappa's genuis and
                          calibre needs no league to play at the INT'l level. How much time mi fi tell yuh dat?

Comment

Boss a person of Tappa's genuis and calibre needs no league to play at the INT'l level. How much time mi fi tell yuh dat?
                            Yuh nuh see how Diego was able fi dweet? 'Im had to tek performance enhancing substance to be able to compete at the international level and therefore was banned by FIFA from international ball. Tappa is done and unless you are going to shoot him up with drugs, he will always be that way - done.

Tappa was a good player, but he is not a super human.

Comment

Deigo could have been back to
                              play first or second halves (as Hugo sanchez did in 94) diego wanted to go all the way (to even run with those athletic Nigerians) hence the results. Can't be greedy, a man must know his limitations.

Comment

Working...
                              X