FIFA U20 update. Africa can boast that they're

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA U20 update. Africa can boast that they're

the only region to have all their teams advance to the next round. Big ups to dem.

Next stage matchups:

11/07
    Austria Vs Gambia
    USA vs Uruguay. (Dem fear Freddy).
    Spain Vs Brazil
    Japan vs Czech Republic (Japanese a play some serious ball).

12/07
    Chili Vs Portugal
    Zambia vs Nigeria
    Argentina vs Poland
    Mexico vs Congo.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Word is the Brazil camp is very worried as its possible they may face Freddy Adu and the gang in the semis. Talking bout lambs to the slaughter.

By the way, which comic said we had 25 Freddy in Jamaica? Must Fred(dy) Astiere.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Freddy left two brazillians staring at the stitching on the corner flag and wondering how a black man can disappear in broad daylight, a second before he was there with his back to them then poof! Jamaica could do with one under 20 of his quality even if he is really 24 like Courtney use to say LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
        Freddy left two brazillians staring at the stitching on the corner flag and wondering how a black man can disappear in broad daylight, a second before he was there with his back to them then poof! Jamaica could do with one under 20 of his quality even if he is really 24 like Courtney use to say LOL.
        There are some plays that I refer to as Budwud cussing moment. Well ... that play by Freddy was really a badwud cussing moment. All now Jawge nuh say nothing bout it. Him still trying to figure out if Freddy better than Robinho.

Comment

Yow Lazie, in all fairness now...cut out the almshouse bredrin. Nuff credit to the US but if you wish to be truthful, Brazil was clearly the better team in that game. I agree that Freddy and the US had some real good moments yes but Brazil was the team that looked sharper, more skillful, had the better players and played the better ball. As you can see, the better team does not always win. Honestly my youth, it is the US team that must be quaking in their pants at the possibility of facing the Brazilians again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensi View Post
            Yow Lazie, in all fairness now...cut out the almshouse bredrin. Nuff credit to the US but if you wish to be truthful, Brazil was clearly the better team in that game. I agree that Freddy and the US had some real good moments yes but Brazil was the team that looked sharper, more skillful, had the better players and played the better ball. As you can see, the better team does not always win. Honestly my youth, it is the US team that must be quaking in their pants at the possibility of facing the Brazilians again.
            I see yuh correct yuhself, "the better team does not always win." Didn't you see dem trying to take out the youth? Of course Brazil have the more skilled players but it says alot that the one or two that the USA have had Brazil fans biting them finger nails. I should know ... I was biting mine too.

In reality I do love the almshouse but in this case I'm just giving unto Caesar.

Comment

Ok bredrin, as long as it is clear that US was not the better team, because many here would like people to believe that they were. In addition, in order to have any credibility then one must be objective, so of course we must give Caesar his dues. Nuff respect to the US side and for the record I have been a fan of Freddie ever since I saw him play against the Young Reggaeboyz in Bradenton at 14 y.o. and my 8 y.o. is also a fan...love the flair players everytime.

Comment

Sensi, Brazil struggled in their 3 games. Even against Korea. Now they face Spain which doesn't look too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  Word is the Brazil camp is very worried as its possible they may face Freddy Adu and the gang in the semis. Talking bout lambs to the slaughter.

By the way, which comic said we had 25 Freddy in Jamaica? Must Fred(dy) Astiere.
                  Did you see the game ?

Brazil outshot the USA.. I think it would be the USA that does not want to see Brazil again.

I am sure Brazil is dying for a re-match.

I keep telling you people to take emotion and 'personal' feelings out of it... unuh ears hard..

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                    Did you see the game ?

Brazil outshot the USA.. I think it would be the USA that does not want to see Brazil again.

I am sure Brazil is dying for a re-match.

I keep telling you people to take emotion and 'personal' feelings out of it... unuh ears hard..
                    Bredren, if anyone emotional its you. Brazil out shot Italy 1982 and Argentina 1990. Where did it get them? Yuh nuh see the youth dem fear Freddie? Hope dem know its Adu and not Kruger even though it was a nightmare each time him touch the ball.

Comment

Bredren, if anyone emotional its you. Brazil out shot Italy 1982 and Argentina 1990. Where did it get them? Yuh nuh see the youth dem fear Freddie? Hope dem know its Adu and not Kruger even though it was a nightmare each time him touch the ball.
                      Tiiime is on my side, yes it is now
                      Tiiiime is on my side...

How is it emotional to favor the superior side ???

Here is a little guide to help you.. pretend you had to bet money on the outcome of a game... usually where you put your money is where Critical Thinking guides you....

Brazil fears the USA in a football game... heh, heh..

Ah Bwoy...

Kids say the darndest things...

Comment

Ok bredrin, as long as it is clear that US was not the better team, because many here would like people to believe that they were.
                        Sensi, I am no US football fan and if you check some post I made here just after the Gold Cup when my good friend HL said I did not sound too elated that the USA beat Mexico, I had to admit that I was not too happy as I am not a US football fan.

That said, I have to disagree with you as from what I saw, the US were outplaying the Brazilians. They treated them with total disdain (for want of a better word). Brazil, while having the more skilled players found themselves on the back-foot and chasing the game and were never in control for most of the game. The US players went about their business of taking them on and doing their thing as if they did not realize that this was the great Brazil they had in front of them.

It would seem as if we watched two separate games, as the one I saw, I would say the USA more than deserved their win. Brazil might have the better technical players, but that alone will not do it. I thought the USA played better as a team and therefore their victory.

BTW, this is coming from a long time Brazil fan (no I nuh jus' start follow Brazil like Jawge).
                        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Sensi, Brazil struggled in their 3 games. Even against Korea. Now they face Spain which doesn't look too bad.
                          Remember, Brazil also lost 1-0 to Poland in their same group, a side the US beat 6-1. I am not sure if that will tell them anything though. . .
                          Last edited by Tilla; July 9, 2007, 11:21 PM.
                          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                          X