RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

England leaving nothing to chance, Rashford in squad!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England leaving nothing to chance, Rashford in squad!!

FA gobbling up all the yard talent as early as possible, what's that like seven of twenty six players with yard origin in the squad. Sturridge, Sterling, Rashford, Walker, Rose, Smalling, Townsend.

I think leaving Defoe is a mistake in his current form because he could come in and change any game.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Really?

Comment

Defoe good still, but getting a little long in the tooth, time to step aside, had his chance.

Comment

I don't think you have a sub that is impactful as Defoe on current form. Yes you have better players out there but Defoe have the confidence and shooting ability to be a game changer in within a few minutes.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yeah no doubt, wise and very skillful.
            BTW you planning on going to any Copa games?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              I think leaving Defoe is a mistake in his current form because he could come in and change any game.
              Agreed! On form alone he deserves to be there over Rooney.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                FA gobbling up all the yard talent as early as possible, what's that like seven of twenty six players with yard origin in the squad. Sturridge, Sterling, Rashford, Walker, Rose, Smalling, Townsend.
                I'm going to be devil's advocate and say that these players do no represent "yard talent". Did yard (JFF et al) have anything to do with their development?

What this does demonstrate is the potential of a "proper" system in place, in Jamaica.
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  Agreed! On form alone he deserves to be there over Rooney.
                  He deserve to be there over Rooney as a striker. But Rooney is bossing the midfield since he's been back from injury.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yard DNA what more you want than that, it is another sweet avenue of recruitment, what better, England develops the talent and we reap it, sounds like something they did to Jamaica for three hundred years, this is especially so as we have done a poor job to develop yard bahn talent.

I just cannot understand how we have such a narrow view of yard diaspora.

Did you ever see the movie lone survivor, if not watch it and when you are done look up the word 'pachtungwali' and then let's talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                      Yard DNA what more you want than that, it is another sweet avenue of recruitment, what better, England develops the talent and we reap it, sounds like something they did to Jamaica for three hundred years, this is especially so as we have done a poor job to develop yard bahn talent.

I just cannot understand how we have such a narrow view of yard diaspora.

Did you ever see the movie lone survivor, if not watch it and when you are done look up the word 'pachtungwali' and then let's talk.
                      did not see the flick, and don't want to tief teacher Peter job, but the spelling is off - should be: "pashtunwali".
                      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

First, I also live in the diaspora, just not up north (anymore), so I have nothing against the diaspora and embrace it, including snow ballers

I'm not sure what you mean by a narrow view, but anyway!

You say it is "another" sweet avenue of recruitment; I'd go even further to say that local ball is "another avenue of recruitment".

But my main point is (as you pointed out in your DNA reference) that JA has the potential; the raw material is there but we do not seem able, in so many spheres of activity, to put structures in place to produce quality people, including football. I do not see this as any kind of reverse exploitation, but rather a sad indictment of our lack of ability to develop our human capital.

Thank goodness for the snow!
                        Peter R

Comment

Hey, you know I am just having fun on most of that! We all know the real deal, shortcut versus switchback mountain road. Ready made ballas, super well trained since preteen, with discipline versus undertrained, malnourished, unfit players!!! We are nowhere close to changing this equation so snow ballers line our horizon.

Comment

Good flick, check it out and the concept of pashtunwali is very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                              Time to look to the future. Time for the young guns now, it was a good decision to leave out Defoe

Comment

Working...
                              X