We need a Riquelme in the Reggae Boyz side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a Riquelme in the Reggae Boyz side

We could also settle for a Hue playing well or even a Tappa if he can still run with the big boys. We however need a player to run the miggle like a Riquelme does for the Argentines.

Demar Phillips, anyone have anything to say about him? How good is he really as I did not see what folks were raving about in the Chile game. As a matter of fact, I still have that match on DVR, I may take another look if I can get myself to it.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

There is only one person in Jamaica who can play the Maestro role.

Demar is a good player and he will be in the mix, but he is no maestro.

Don't be like Karl. Don't make up your mind on players after only one sighting.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You heard what the commentators said during the game. RIQUELME is allowed to play strictly as a playmaker with no defensive responsibilities because of the tenacity of the other midfielders and even TEVEZ who comes back and wins ball in the middle. Where we gonna find the hard running midfileders from?

Comment

Don't be like Karl. Don't make up your mind on players after only one sighting.
        That is why I say i will have to watch that game again that I have recorded. I would have liked to have a few other matches in which he has played to see some more. I guess that will happen in time with all those games Boxhill and Bora are arranging.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Good question! We need them to make up for any inadequacies, perceived or real, of the best playmaker we have available to us.

Who was saying crap bout today's football not having any place for the Riquelmes of the world, that all players need to be...can't recall the words...but basically players need to be both defensive and offensive. That is lovely to have, but if you don't have it, you work with what you have. Playmakers with no defensive responsibilities are in great teams all over the world. We can be one of them.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Afta mi know yuh nuh fool.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hey, unuh see how Tavez and Messi throw themselves into playing defense? This Argentine side is good and play some lovely football. I am wondering if Brazil can give them a run for the tiikle?

Wha' bout the Mesticans them? They play some good ball too as we have known them to do. They really put it to this Paraguay side today.

Comment

Hue needs to be a part of every reggae boyz team going forward, and the shape of the team must rely on his strengths. It's really strange Bora chose not to bring him bring on the Asian tour.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

A potential single point of failure!!? I guess one is better than having many.

Anyway, I do agree that he should be an integral part of the set up moving forward but question whether building a team around him is wise, assuming that's what you are suggesting; it wasn't explicitly clear. What happens if he gets hurt or is below par (rhetorical)?

Let's hope for a more balanced set of tactics that can survive one player. Anyway, I, like many, look forward to the "real team."

Guidance

Comment

Unnuh seriously think a riquelme
                    type can stand up to a the fast discpilined defending of the Euros or the strong pace of an African middle (Ghana swiftly comes to mind). The man was given too much time to score the first goal. He would not get that against a Euro team. Look at the shot that the Mexican (21) SCORED OFF THE CHEST. The defenders allowed the ball to bounce twice after leaving his chest. Too much time against a Euro team he would have to pile a charging defender and if he isn't technical enough to scissors then it would be headed out by the covering defender. The goal Riquelme gave to messi was due to the fact that the Peruvians thought he was going to shoot (no he favours his left) but he passed and killed them. Messi should have been tracked. Look at the game again.

Comment

Hmmm, that explains why Tappa could not do anything against the Euro team in our group (Croatia). I wonder what happened against the less disciplined Argentine side we faced.

But, Tappa certainly shone against the poor defence of the Japanese.

This is not to knock Tappa. Any other local Maestro would most likely have performed in a similar fashion. Or worse.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

How many players Ja had
                        against Arg.? was ja playing the balls through Tappa? Did you ever hear Jawge say riquelme is creative? Is zidane a fast player. Read my post again; I said riquelme type. Now ask yourself this: Is riquelme and Zidane the same type of players?

Comment

Are you saying Tappa is more like Zidane, not Riquelme? I would agree.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So it's you RAY HUDSON was a call ARSEHOLE during yesterday's game?

Comment

I think he needs to be a part ongle if he can command his place on the team. I do not agree with reserving a position for any player based on their reputation. This is a part of the reason why I was never in support of Tappa on the team in his latter years as I felt he was not doing enough to command his place.

I think that Hue has something to offer the team at this time. Hopefully, Bora can see the same and do the right thing and recall him to the team.

Comment

Working...
                              X