Butler: Not failing the youths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler: Not failing the youths

Every campaign since that one at the start of the millennium has all been unsuccessful. However, there is renewed hope with a new coaching partnership at the helm. Ricardo ‘Bibi’ Gardner and Altimont ‘Freddie’ Butler have taken over the reins from Theodore ‘Tappa’ Whitmore following the previous World Cup qualifying campaign that culminated here in Jamaica last year. With all due respect to Tappa and his coaching staff, that team left a lot to be desired on home turf. This prompted the coaching change.

Gardner and Butler can claim to have abundant experience in the European football leagues. Gardner played for Bolton Wanderers in the Barclays Premier League for years while Butler has built a strong reputation as a coach with Norwegian club Nottoden SK and also has links with Chelsea FC in England. Being former professional players in Europe and USA, they understand the importance of being in a professional set up. Butler recently stated in the press that he will look to get some of the current Under-20 players’ opportunities in academies and professional set-ups abroad. Such an initiative would make the difference between a successful and unsuccessful Jamaican Under-20 team.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/teena...t-disadvantage

I dont know how true it is but I heard they are all cousins ,one played for Ardenne as a GK, the the other for JC as a defender and Altimont for Dunoon as an attacking/midfielder.I sat with him in Jersey when we played a friendly against serbia i believe,passionate and friendly individual.

All the best .
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.
Working...
X