Powell's stroke of genius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powell's stroke of genius

Mr. Powell's attempts at having the time changed failed. So his Plan B seemed to include how to minimise the support of his adversaries.

The answer? Easy. Place enough doubt in the minds of supporters of Portmore United as to whether the match would be played and force them to decide on the wisdom of spending scarce resources in attending a match at the other end of the island that might not take place at all!

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...x0--I.facebook

BLACK LIVES MATTER

In protest, MBU turned up for Sunday's final at the Montego Bay Sports Complex five minutes before the scheduled 4 p.m. kick-off clad in black with white letters on the back of shirts worn by the players spelling 'RESPECT', the word spelt with one letter each on the back of the shirts of seven players - when they turned their back to the crowd - who stood in the front line.

Then there was another part to the message: 'IF YOU WANT TO GET IT, YOU MUST GIVE IT.'

For Powell, there could be no bigger stage than the live televised final of the nation's top league, beamed to some 24 countries.

http://jamaicagleaner.com/article/sp...stified-powell

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks for posting this mo. I was trying to understand what the issue was. It seems ironic as mbu is a member of the plca and the executive of the plca ought to to be inclusive. Now you would think the leaders are elected by the clubs and can be removed by the clubs. This is the second time this has played out publicly yet we have not heard from Price or anyone else. I think if you want to be professional you have to act like it. There is always two sides to a story but I am surprised the MBU admin was not consulted of the time although 4pm seemed reasonable to me and the place was at capacity.

On another note nuff here come and run them mouth on EPL and mute to the local league.

Comment

Working...
      X