Sat here thinking on player value and wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat here thinking on player value and wondering

on how such a determination is made by coaches. The coaches are not necessarily those who are in charge of making, or actually make purchases of players but it is 'the coaches' perspective that I am wondering on...

This list of assumptions on each Leicester player value -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...itle-tilt.html

...Riyard or Alexis Sanchez who is worth more?
    Last edited by Karl; May 2, 2016, 09:42 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Th3 undue importance of a snapshot picture?
    Where is your Vardy and Kante?

Comment

A bit off topic, maybe, but do you think that this team will stay together? I would imagine the owners will be doing everything in their power to keep the core of their squad as intact as possible.

I think Mahrez and Kante, to name two, will be highly sought after, more so than Vardy, whose contract, from info. in the link you posted, has locked him in for some time. Morgan might be on someone's hit list but his age is against him. No doubt, the cost of ANY of their next purchases will be significantly elevated given the buyer is the EPL champion!

My feeling though, is that if this group is tinkered with, the mojo will be lost. With Ranieri at the helm, it's as if all the starts aligned to create the perfect TEAM. Remove two or three of the key players, they'll return to being just another EPL side struggling to try and make top ten, top four if they're lucky.

I don't profess to be clairvoyant, nor have I applied anything else than gut feel to come up with my points above.
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        A bit off topic, maybe, but do you think that this team will stay together? I would imagine the owners will be doing everything in their power to keep the core of their squad as intact as possible.

I think Mahrez and Kante, to name two, will be highly sought after, more so than Vardy, whose contract, from info. in the link you posted, has locked him in for some time. Morgan might be on someone's hit list but his age is against him. No doubt, the cost of ANY of their next purchases will be significantly elevated given the buyer is the EPL champion!

My feeling though, is that if this group is tinkered with, the mojo will be lost. With Ranieri at the helm, it's as if all the starts aligned to create the perfect TEAM. Remove two or three of the key players, they'll return to being just another EPL side struggling to try and make top ten, top four if they're lucky.

I don't profess to be clairvoyant, nor have I applied anything else than gut feel to come up with my points above.
        I think that the players will want to stay together. I'm sure they all realise they rode their luck and defied monumental odds. There is something about the performance that basically says - "Okay, now on to the Champions League to see what we're really worth". Well, Ranieri is an experienced manager, he should be able to keep them focused even on that perilous road that may be fraught with reality. But while they may stay together, UCL football requires reinforcements. This is where I see them most at risk. The wrong kind of player(s) can upset the chemistry, bring ego, contentiousness, etc. to the mix...so the manager will have it all to do. I'm no clairvoyant either, but I would be surprised if ANY of the key players depart - my bet is that Kanté, Mahrez, Morgan, Vardy wil all be Foxes next year...but who will be new to the Foxes' den is the $60m question.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

And get improved contracts

The only reason for any player to leave would be straight MONEY.

They won something of prestige and will now play champions league .... Something Chelsea or united and maybe even city cannot guarantee next year.

Money or to play for Barca Madrid Bayern Juve or PSG

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

See all dem tings yah,given that the other traditional top four finishers have serious issues,then it is reasonable to say Leicester's and Spurs' achievements are of more consequence to Arsenal(unuh woulda win de EPL),one would not be able to tell that from your list of secondary victims.
            But nuh watch nuh face,beating City would be a chance for Arsenal to to distinguish itself from the lowly pack,an indicator of true class.
            It really should be easy to deal with what is left of City after what Real Madrid will do to them tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X