Mo why Omar Gordon loaned to Indy 11 b4 finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So true.

MBU happy. Omar happy. Me happy. We should all be happy. Unless we hail from Portmore.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

A club paid to get him at a certain time and did that. They have no time for your feelings. That would be a "joke thing"

Comment

Smh... checker players going up against chess players.

Comment

He is just looking for something to complain about. Indy want to sign a player and has a roster spot to fill. they don't have time to accommodate Brush's feelings because he would like to see the player. this is the serious world not New York corner league.

Comment

What does this mean, Brush?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Can't see the big or whole picture/board...

Comment

Who won in this instance? The chess player of the checker player? Gordon got his contract, Indy got their player and MBU won The title and did some business.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Again. It is not about one player or one club, it's about the league and how we go about building it. MBU may have benefitted short term, but what are the long term ramifications?

Comment

I'm just super stoked that you hold the local league in such high esteem that you are mortified by the possibility that such an act by MBU could ruin its image.

Looks like Orville Powell, the chess master, won again by having people like you express displeasure at his seemingly insane act and in doing so you have brought some much-needed publicity to the league.

This thread alone contains more discussion in one week about the local league than we have had all year. So it's a good thing!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      I'm just super stoked that you hold the local league in such high esteem that you are mortified by the possibility that such an act by MBU could ruin its image.

Looks like Orville Powell, the chess master, won again by having people like you express displeasure at his seemingly insane act and in doing so you have brought some much-needed publicity to the league.

This thread alone contains more discussion in one week about the local league than we have had all year. So it's a good thing!
                      Got jokes. I have been watching Jamaica's football for decades and remember the days when you were lucky if you get some highlights much less a live broadcast. The commentators made mention of the fact that the finals was being shown live in "24 different countries", not just Jamaica.

So, the league may not be anything to write home about but it was not even a footnote not so long ago. Anyway, I am gonna leave it alone and hope that someone with some power within the football faternity take note of the precedence being set by Mr. Powell and put a stop to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush View Post
                        Anyway, I am gonna leave it alone and hope that someone with some power within the football faternity take note of the precedence being set by Mr. Powell and put a stop to it.
                        What precedence is that exactly? Facilitating local players to earn a decent living?! But yuh nuh easy!

I'd have you know several club managers in the NPL have told me that they would rather sell players every year than win the league, so don't cuss Powell one.

Rivoli United loaned out Cory Burke to Bethlehem Steel at the start of the season just when they were finding some form and Burke was the second leading goalscorer. Their fortunes plummeted since and they were relegated. Save some cussing for their president!

And save some cussing for Liverpool for releasing Luis Suarez when they came within inches of winning the BPL. Imagine the respect and fame he could have brought to Liverpool and the BPL had he stuck around for one more year.

So, somebody better put a stop to the possibility of Vardy, Mahrez and Konte leaving Leicester City for La Liga and with that cheapening the value of the league!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I guess Leicester did not get any offers for their top players during the transfer window? Where is Rivoli today and how many players will they get in the shopping window now that they are not in the RSPL? Perfect example of feast today and famine tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brush View Post
                            If you put it that way, then the answer is no. However, the development of the game back home should not be about one player or one club for that matter. A few more months in Jamaica may not be the demise of Gordon, but the perception that the national title is of no worth can be a lasting image in the minds of the fans.

Anyway, it apparently worth nothing because man a plan fi withdraw from championship because him claim him getting diss. This from de same man wey send wey one of the leading players just before the finals.

Joke ting!!!!
                            Can understand the thought process but aren't you missing the larger picture? ...future earnings of club, player and Jamaica's football? ...and that is not only about money but the very thing you are focused on, "development of the NPL and Jamaica's football"?

Take another look at possible gains...please?
                            I think you shall then change your stance!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                              Can understand the thought process but aren't you missing the larger picture? ...future earnings of club, player and Jamaica's football? ...and that is not only about money but the very thing you are focused on, "development of the NPL and Jamaica's football"?

Take another look at possible gains...please?
                              I think you shall then change your stance!
                              I am looking for long-term gains. The sponsors not investing their time and resources into the league with the hope that the product they are presenting will be watered down. Yes, the fact that one of the league's leading player was shipped off just before the final showpiece presented a diluted product.

There is more to be gained in the long run if those in charge of the clubs concentrate more on improving the product so that some time in the not too distant future, a player back home can earn a livable wage playing in the country's top league.

Comment

Silly comparison

Comment

Working...
                                X