Mo why Omar Gordon loaned to Indy 11 b4 finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo why Omar Gordon loaned to Indy 11 b4 finals

http://www.indyeleven.com/news/2016/...o-emulate-heroWhy not after the finals.
    Last edited by OJ; May 1, 2016, 10:14 AM. Reason: Add url

Link

http://www.indyeleven.com/news/2016/...o-emulate-hero

Comment

As far as I understand it, he would have missed the transfer window for the US had he played in today's game. So, as soon as that was determined, they sent him off to Indy as a replacement for the injured Dino Williams.

Omar is a huge loss for MBU in today's final but he played all 90 minutes for Indy Eleven last night in their 2-0 win over Oklahoma. When last has any player scored 20 goals in the local league?!?

So, can MBU win it all without Omar and Dino? Let's see! I will be there!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        As far as I understand it, he would have missed the transfer window for the US had he played in today's game. So, as soon as that was determined, they sent him off to Indy as a replacement for the injured Dino Williams.

Omar is a huge loss for MBU in today's final but he played all 90 minutes for Indy Eleven last night in their 2-0 win over Oklahoma. When last has any player scored 20 goals in the local league?!?

So, can MBU win it all without Omar and Dino? Let's see! I will be there!

Perfect example as to why local ball is a joke. For a few pieces of silver, MBU sent one of their leading players off on loan,my this with the national title up for grabs. The PLCA wrestled control of the country's top league from the JFF and still have not done anything of merit as it relates to improving the league.

Joke ting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brush View Post
          Perfect example as to why local ball is a joke. For a few pieces of silver, MBU sent one of their leading players off on loan,my this with the national title up for grabs. The PLCA wrestled control of the country's top league from the JFF and still have not done anything of merit as it relates to improving the league.

Joke ting!!!
          How much money does Omar make at MBU? Let's say he makes JA$30,000/month. That is US$244.

How much do you think he makes at Indy? Say he makes US$1,000 per month, do you think he should sit out that difference for at least 4 months or even a year?

The national title is worth more than this player's personal livelihood?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            How much money does Omar make at MBU? Let's say he makes JA$30,000/month. That is US$244.

How much do you think he makes at Indy? Say he makes US$1,000 per month, do you think he should sit out that difference for at least 4 months or even a year?

The national title is worth more than this player's personal livelihood?

If you put it that way, then the answer is no. However, the development of the game back home should not be about one player or one club for that matter. A few more months in Jamaica may not be the demise of Gordon, but the perception that the national title is of no worth can be a lasting image in the minds of the fans.

Anyway, it apparently worth nothing because man a plan fi withdraw from championship because him claim him getting diss. This from de same man wey send wey one of the leading players just before the finals.

Joke ting!!!!

Comment

It's up to the clubs to have adequate back up. They would have been in the same position if he as injured. Also what if he got injured after an interest was expressed and he played in the final?

Giving up an opportunity given all the circumstances THAT would have been a joke ting!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Brush View Post
                If you put it that way, then the answer is no. However, the development of the game back home should not be about one player or one club for that matter. A few more months in Jamaica may not be the demise of Gordon, but the perception that the national title is of no worth can be a lasting image in the minds of the fans.

Anyway, it apparently worth nothing because man a plan fi withdraw from championship because him claim him getting diss. This from de same man wey send wey one of the leading players just before the finals.

Joke ting!!!!
                This is a good thing, Brush!

So the MBU president may have blundered with his stance towards the final, but sending away his best player to earn a decent living is an act that deserves praise in my opinion.

A year from now no one will remember that Omar left before the final. And a year from now, this move before the final may have given the player the opportunities to move to the MLS or better.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

If MBU only reason for sending the player away was to earn him better wages then that would be a first for any club that is trying to grow in my opinion. I am willing to bet that MBU benefitted financially from the decision.

I think we will have agree to disagree on this one ite. I think the decision demonstrates the short sightedness plaguing our football.
                  Last edited by Brush; May 1, 2016, 06:43 PM.

Comment

MBU are RSPL champions, even without Omar.

What if they had made Dino get his season-ending surgery two weeks ago? Imagine what people would have said! Well, Dino scored the winning goal this evening.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Brush is making a silly argument. Must be a slow day

Congrats to Mobay.

Comment

I will try and get the player's view on this one.

But imagine if they had not sent the player off to make some decent money and then lose today's match, would that have bothered you?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well just heard Tegat state in his post match interview that he has the best set of youth in Jamaica.. So I guess they feel has if they have the depth. Congrats MBU...

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                            Brush is making a silly argument. Must be a slow day

Congrats to Mobay.
                            We are all entitled to our opinions, I believe the move devalued the importance of the league, thereby devaluing the value of our players, fans, and our football in general. You all believe because it allows one more youth to "eat a food" today than a few months later, then it is all good.

Comment

Just feel that the greatest consequence to that move would have been MBU losing,and that is a moot point now.

Comment

Working...
                              X