Ghost writer's lament...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost writer's lament...

Fellow forumites, please indulge my rant. The internet is full of so called fans who love to jump up and down beating their chests when their teams win, quick to create demi-gods out of mere mortal managers when things are going right...but the true measure of a fan is the fellow that can go through thick and thin and not waver in his support for his club no matter what the circumstances.

As some of you know, I have been critical in the past of the many fan-site bloggers out there who fancy them selves "supporters" or "critics". They tend to have an opinion on every thing a manager does. Usually, said opinions (arguably) fall into two categories: 1) praise or 2) complaint. There are only a few who have the football knowledge or intellectual capacity to be objectively critical, regardless of how their team fares. And across the universe, football knowledge (unlike Jamaican talent) does not abound.

This fellow for example (http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/04...ty-villarreal/) , criticizes Klopp for the loss to Villareal saying "The defeat, in particular the manner of it, almost feels like a punishment for a needlessly unambitious display..." Well, what would have been an "ambitious" display? Starting Sturridge up front with Firmino? Leaving Touré on the bench to play Lucas at center back with Lovren while Allen played holding midfielder in front of them? Maybe. Personally, I would have preferred to see Sturridge on the pitch, regardless of configuration/formation. However, does that mean the manager was not "ambitious"? Ridiculous. The manager had a strategy which I believe was to "not lose". This is a perfectly legitimate strategy in a two-legged tie when squad depth is appallingly thin. The disgruntlement may seem tame, but had it been a Klopp's much maligned predecessor, the criticism would have been even more venomous, scathing and nasty, even if the game's outcome and tactical decisions were exactly the same.

But while I critcise the "Twelves" fellow (I think that's his name), at the same time, I find it curiously bizarre that the "empty barrels" that are so quick to beat their chests when their (presumed side) wins, have gone so silent. Such is the dilemma the "wagonistic" fan faces. They can't ride the wave during hard times. More poignantly, they paint themselves into a corner, making mountains out of men, so they are unable to comment with any semblance of consistency or credibility when things go counter to their flawed wagonistic/messiah-building doctrine.

My personal belief (you may have your own, which is perfectly fine with me) is that as fans, we have a responsibility to be supportive of our club, our manager and our players. This does not mean blind support. The objective fan can point out issues and problems constructively, without demeaning players, managers, or administrators.

So while Klopp may have made a mistake tactically in yesterday's game, the objective fan will recognize that he was only 90 seconds away from being a genius because had Liverpool walked away from El Madrigal with a 0-0 tie, we would have had the advantage with the added bonus of a "fresh" Sturridge to face Swansea on Sunday. Alas, that was not to be, but I submit that it was a bigger reflection on the naivete of the players than the tactics of the manager. However, it's his cross to bear, which I accept has to be the case. Such is the fine edge on which a manager's career is so precariously perched. For the rest of us, criticism is easy, especially when we shroud ourselves in hypocrisy and ignorance. And believe me, "ignorance abounds".

Walk on Herr Klopp. Wheel an tun. The "real LFC fans" are 150 million percent behind you. You are Liverpool's manager, that alone demands our respect. It's the Liverpool Way.

YNWA
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Sounds like you when we lost the other day and when you said Origi nuh ready and Rashford ready but as yuh say , yuh support nuh blind .

5th columnist.

My personal belief (you may have your own, which is perfectly fine with me) is that as fans, we have a responsibility to be supportive of our club, our manager and our players. This does not mean blind support. The objective fan can point out issues and problems constructively, without demeaning players, managers, or administrators.

I guess you were being objective...hehe,are you trying to say ,you were wrong to support BR blindly because I saw none of the objectivesness under his reign, I am glad I have moved you center in exploring this new mental experience ...hehe
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
      Sounds like you when we lost the other day and when you said Origi nuh ready and Rashford ready but as yuh say , yuh support nuh blind .

5th columnist.

I guess you were being objective...hehe,are you trying to say ,you were wrong to support BR blindly because I saw none of the objectivesness under his reign, I am glad I have moved you center in exploring this new mental experience ...hehe
      Thanks for proving my point: "criticism is easy, especially when we shroud ourselves in hypocrisy and ignorance...believe me, "ignorance abounds"."
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

BTW :That was a balanced article to quote a line out of more than a three paragraph article speaks volumes of your capacity to form lucid conclusions.

Two questions arise out of your zeal to be self righteous in your supposed holier than thou support, is it a crime to criticize your manager in a professional respectfully way,you insinuate he was disrespectful or to critique is such ?

2nd the question the writer and you ! failed to address and this is where I support Klopp is,was his conservative approach good enough to win the game, I believe it was.

Have a good day Sir.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Paul,

I didn't see the match, nor have I read any match reports, but I did hear Klopp on the radio (BBC) briefly and from the 30 second snippet, he seemed to think that we had the better of the game and were the better team except for the crucial lapse at the end. While he is our manager, and one might think that that is what a manager might say regardless of the result, JK has been very forthright in his comments and so I take his word that that was the case, i.e. that we had a very good game.

Hearing this, that we were not walked over nor a mess, made me very optimistic about the return leg and I fully expect us to take the tie at Anfield.

Regarding the wagonist/bloggers, I hate to imagine the vitriol that would have spewed forth on the internet, including this very forum, had Brendan Rodgers been at the helm. Add indeed the silence from the usual suspects (of windbags) is indeed, proverbially, deafening. Maybe I'm one ?!

Last observation; until and unless the waggonist/bloggers understand who THEY are, you will forever get these yappers pretending to be visionaries and more full of knowledge than anyone else, (anyone hear the expression hindsight is 20/20 vision?). They can comfortably (and cowardly)write drivel about Klopp or any manager (and I'm speaking in general) from the refuge of their living room and beat up their toothless gums and frankly, chat sh!t. This is NOT to say that the managers are beyond criticism, however the manner in which it is done demonstrates clearly how a genuine supporter should comport himself. I witness here that some Arsenal fans have become more than disgruntled with Wenger... their point(s) have been made, it is understood where they stand with respect to him, and yet I don't get a sense that they have contemplated throwing out the baby with the bath water.

BTW, thanks for the synopsis of what transpired yesterday! I'll see if I can watch a replay.
          Peter R

Comment

Agreed a 100 % ,since you single out waggonist bloggers and someone has just posted an article from the this is anfield website as proof of such,you should address the poster and his summation that the article was doing harm in critiquing Klopp as suggested by the poster.You stated critique of a manager isn't off the table,so the question is , how did this ghost writer do,as presented by Paul ,do you agree or not with Paul or the writer ?

Of note I get the ( if) it were BR is something you can only dream of ,two semifinals in a season and one being Europa says it all,it could never be BR so critique for him is reserved for his midtable unmitigated disaster mentality,to be resigned to the memory of managers who are of the extinct season before Shankly.

Comment

My observations are pretty much a reflection of what Paul wrote, if you read his post again. I agree with him in principle and generally. I haven't read the article, but he dealt with the part of it that he disagreed with i.e. calling the effort "unambitious".

I said what I said about Klopp, and the match after hearing Klopp speak. That's all I need to hear. I won't waste my time with the TIA people.

I also commented on waggonists/bloggers/yappers in general. Not all bloggers are without substance, but generally the blowhards are a little too much to take at times. I avoid them generally, except on this forum they crop up frequently. I use my "LFC moral compass" to guide me and take the myriad of opinions with a grain of salt.
              Peter R

Comment

You haven't read the article but you agree with him? He uses the article to make his point,it would be responsible of you to read the article, so you can form a solid conclusion.

Especially using it to attack the writer as a fraud,which is defamation,but that's OK with you.

Comment

I said : I agree with him in principle and generally... NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ARTICLE!!!

He dealt with the writer characterising the game as "unambitious". I don't have to delve into the article for anything. Paul dealt with that.

And I don't really give a four king care about TIA bloggers.

Mi done wid dis now! Thanks.
                  Peter R

Comment

You are welcome.

Comment

BTW :That was a balanced article to quote a line out of more than a three paragraph article speaks volumes of your capacity to form lucid conclusions.

Two questions arise out of your zeal to be self righteous in your supposed holier than thou support, is it a crime to criticize your manager in a professional respectfully way,you insinuate he was disrespectful or to critique is such ?

2nd the question the writer and you ! failed to address and this is where I support Klopp is,was his conservative approach good enough to win the game, I believe it was.

Have a good day Sir.
                      Since you are in a mood to throw out questions, how about you answer this one?

It is the beginning of the season, which would you prefer to see if you had to choose one only:

a) Your team (what ever that is) win the Europa League
                      b) Your team (even if it has changed since you read the previous sentence) win the Premier League

It is a very simple question. Don't think too hard.

LOL!!!!

Comment

You haven't read the article but you agree with him? He uses the article to make his point,it would be responsible of you to read the article, so you can form a solid conclusion.

Especially using it to attack the writer as a fraud,which is defamation,but that's OK with you.
                        This is where you show your lack of intellectual nous. The criticism was NOT of the article, but rather, of how Klopp's effort was characterised and juxtaposed against the previous manager only to demonstrate the relative hypocrisy typical of such critiques. Not that it matters, but I also disagree that it was a "balanced" article. The writer is basically saying if WE (not you) don't win next week at Anfield, then it was "because" we were too cautious in the first leg. If you wish to delve into the "balance" of the article knock yourself out. As usual, you miss the point. Simply put, you too fool.
                        Last edited by Paul Marin; April 29, 2016, 10:00 PM.

Comment

The criticism was not the article but rather how Klopp was characterized ( in the article) and juxtaposed ( in the article ) against the previous manager where, I suppose ( in the article) to demonstrate hypocrisy of such critiques ,the reference or source ( the article) but he disagrees it was a balanced article.

Me and my lack of intellectual nous...lol...hehe....brethren Big Boy yuh a try frighten people say yuh know big wud try formulate dem fi mek sense Massa!......lol.You and Trump a fren ?
                          Last edited by Sir X; April 29, 2016, 10:37 PM.

Comment

The criticism was not the article but rather how Klopp was characterized ( in the article) and juxtaposed ( in the article ) against the previous manager where, I suppose ( in the article) to demonstrate hypocrisy of such critiques ,the reference or source ( the article) but he disagrees it was a balanced article.

Me and my lack of intellectual nous...lol...hehe....brethren Big Boy yuh a try frighten people say yuh know big wud try formulate dem fi mek sense Massa!......lol.You and Trump a fren ?
                            Like I said, you are really very stupid. Just because one criticizes or disagrees with the essence of one aspect of a larger entity, doesn't mean that it is a criticism of the entire entity. For example, just because Mo highlight's the stupidity of one aspect of a post you make (in the forum) doesn't mean that he is saying that the entire post you made (in the form) is stupid nor does it mean that the post you made (in the forum) characterizes the entire forum. Like I said, you are stupid...so it is hard to find a real life example of yours where everything you posted isn't stupid, but, I will take the risk of being hyperbolic. Nevertheless, as is customary, you once again demonstrated that (in the forum) you are unparalleled in your stupidity. That's why you are Mr. Eedyboo.

As for the article being balanced...it was as balanced as your support for your club....whichever that is.

Comment

Just because one criticizes or disagrees with the essence of one aspect of a larger entity, doesn't mean that it is a criticism of the entire entity , true but you said this ! I also disagree that it was a "balanced" article. The writer is basically saying if WE (not you) don't win next week at Anfield, then it was "because" we were too cautious in the first leg.

So you criticizes or disagree with the essence of the balance aspect of the larger entity of the article or was it the smaller that if we lose next week it was because we were too cautious in the first leg , but you meant that it is not criticism of the entire entity of the article ....lol

CLAFFFFYYYYYYY TO THE WORLLLLLLLLL.....BIG BOY A RUN DI SITE MI SAY, WID IM INTELLUTUAL NOICEEEEE !

Comment

Working...
                              X