Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
    Paul,

I didn't see the match, nor have I read any match reports, but I did hear Klopp on the radio (BBC) briefly and from the 30 second snippet, he seemed to think that we had the better of the game and were the better team except for the crucial lapse at the end. While he is our manager, and one might think that that is what a manager might say regardless of the result, JK has been very forthright in his comments and so I take his word that that was the case, i.e. that we had a very good game.

Hearing this, that we were not walked over nor a mess, made me very optimistic about the return leg and I fully expect us to take the tie at Anfield.

Regarding the wagonist/bloggers, I hate to imagine the vitriol that would have spewed forth on the internet, including this very forum, had Brendan Rodgers been at the helm. Add indeed the silence from the usual suspects (of windbags) is indeed, proverbially, deafening. Maybe I'm one ?!

Last observation; until and unless the waggonist/bloggers understand who THEY are, you will forever get these yappers pretending to be visionaries and more full of knowledge than anyone else, (anyone hear the expression hindsight is 20/20 vision?). They can comfortably (and cowardly)write drivel about Klopp or any manager (and I'm speaking in general) from the refuge of their living room and beat up their toothless gums and frankly, chat sh!t. This is NOT to say that the managers are beyond criticism, however the manner in which it is done demonstrates clearly how a genuine supporter should comport himself. I witness here that some Arsenal fans have become more than disgruntled with Wenger... their point(s) have been made, it is understood where they stand with respect to him, and yet I don't get a sense that they have contemplated throwing out the baby with the bath water.

BTW, thanks for the synopsis of what transpired yesterday! I'll see if I can watch a replay.
    Peter, did you see the replay? The team did play well but it is glaringly obvious that we don't have good enough finishers. Allen for example, "passed" a guilt edged chance into the goalie's bread-basket when he should have "smashed" it home. Moreno had a "harried" run, but should have also given us the lead. We unfortunately don't have anyone that can pop them in the old onion bag as they say with enough consistency. I was disappointed that the gaffer didn't bring Sturridge on. The performance was still encouraging enough that we should not go into the second leg with our heads down. And even though I criticize the finishing, props to much maligned Mignolet for making at least two terrific saves that could have put us even further behind the 8 ball. For the second leg, while the task is a proper one, we can do this...it's just a matter of a little bit of luck and belief. Fans better bring their "A" game too.

YNWA
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

No. Didn't get to see it. And I'll miss tomorrow's match... going on a hike and we leave same time the match starts. Might still get a chance to watch it today.
      Everyone will have to bring their A game next leg... We could win and still lose. We need one of those matches where everyone wants to, and does, get on the scoresheet.
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        No. Didn't get to see it. And I'll miss tomorrow's match... going on a hike and we leave same time the match starts. Might still get a chance to watch it today.
        Everyone will have to bring their A game next leg... We could win and still lose. We need one of those matches where everyone wants to, and does, get on the scoresheet.
        They say that both Sturridge and Benteke are supposed to start tomorrow against Swansea. You have to wonder what the manager is thinking regarding his strikers. Firmino probably being rested for next week with Sturridge to come off the bench? In a game where firepower is going to be *required* it will be interesting to see who he starts. We just have to stay positive and cheer on our team!
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
        X