Hillsborough inquests: Fans unlawfully killed, jury conclude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillsborough inquests: Fans unlawfully killed, jury conclude

Ninety-six football fans who died as a result of a crush in the 1989 Hillsborough disaster were unlawfully killed, the inquests have concluded.
    The jury found match commander Ch Supt David Duckenfield was "responsible for manslaughter by gross negligence" due to a breach of his duty of care.
    Police errors also added to a dangerous situation at the FA Cup semi-final.
    The prime minister said the inquests had provided "official confirmation" fans were "utterly blameless".
    After a 27-year campaign by victims' families, the behaviour of Liverpool fans was exonerated.
    The jury found they did not contribute to the danger unfolding at the turnstiles at the Leppings Lane end of Sheffield Wednesday's ground on 15 April 1989.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-36138337
    Peter R

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
    Ninety-six football fans who died as a result of a crush in the 1989 Hillsborough disaster were unlawfully killed, the inquests have concluded.
    The jury found match commander Ch Supt David Duckenfield was "responsible for manslaughter by gross negligence" due to a breach of his duty of care.
    Police errors also added to a dangerous situation at the FA Cup semi-final.
    The prime minister said the inquests had provided "official confirmation" fans were "utterly blameless".
    After a 27-year campaign by victims' families, the behaviour of Liverpool fans was exonerated.
    The jury found they did not contribute to the danger unfolding at the turnstiles at the Leppings Lane end of Sheffield Wednesday's ground on 15 April 1989.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-36138337
    It's about time. I don't know if you saw the ESPN special on Hillsborough, but it was truly a major debacle on the part of the authorities. That said, it was really bizarre because may factors contributed to the deaths, but they all had to almost be eerily aligned to result in the horror that ensued.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I saw a "documentary" if you can call it that on the incident. It could have been the ESPN report, but it was certainly a crazy set of circumstances that took place that day... Very sad for the fans and their families, who were affected.

I thought about such an incident when I went to Camp Nou and there were 92,000 people to get in and out... it all went like clockwork, sadly that day 27 years ago wasn't so for the 96.
      Peter R

Comment

Working...
      X