Dunny I along with The others are awaiting your

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunny I along with The others are awaiting your

EXCUSES...YOUR HONORED PRAISE OF THE OUT DATED arSENE.
    DUNNY PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR VIABLE/encouraging REASONs FOR OUR CONSTANT FAILURE TO CHALLENGE FOR THE TITLE THE LAST 3 TO 4 YEARS. BETTER YET EXPLAIN OR GIVE US AN EXCUSE. Let me help you out...Injuries( see Carzorla), Luck(see LCFC),....

Arsene is one of the greatest coaches in the world so must be the players been injured. If only we could have all the players not injured for a whole season.

Bwoy Arsene cyd a at least gi wi a run after di soon ex Bayern Coach or at least swallow him pride an mek we try wid Mourinho. Who left probably Athletico Coach.

ANYWAY WE WILL WIN EVERYTHING NEXT YEAR. Wow mi nuh know how some man do diss prediction ting mi feel so empty doing it..whew whew.bwoy oh bwoy
    Will I eva learn fi keep quiet and just support F..ery
    Last edited by PeeJay; April 24, 2016, 08:29 PM.
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Is a next Big boy or teacha dat , juss asking ?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Sir X,your mentioning Peter R is in direct violations of a gentleman agreement I have with that poster,that agreement stipulates..

Comment

So you tie me up with an agreement that I have no knowledge about ,can i be privy to its contents and can I have a say in it .

Thanks .
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Arsenal Backbone questioned. Funny I too was perplexed

Theo Walcott's lack of guts a symbol of what's wrong at Arsenal

ESPN FC's Craig Burley looks back at Arsenal's draw at Sunderland.
          It is possible to read too much into one Vine-friendly, six-second parcel of action within the unrestrained chaos of a 90-minute football match but still, a viral vignette involving Theo Walcott on Sunday did seem to reveal something fundamental about the player and, by extension, Arsenal too.

In the 80th minute, Walcott had a chance to make the decisive impact Arsene Wenger desired when the manager introduced him amid a dreary 0-0 draw away at Sunderland. After Vito Mannone had charged off his line, Younes Kaboul clumsily manhandled Danny Welbeck and the ball rolled into space.

Walcott spotted his chance with the keeper stranded, setting off on a sprint in a bid to gather up the loose ball. But when Kaboul poked a leg out gingerly, Walcott did something unexpected. Instead of throwing his own boot in to try and whip the ball away, he jumped clean over the ball. It was a leap worthy of an Olympic long jump contest, taking him right past Kaboul, too.

SunderlandSunderland
          ArsenalArsenal
          FT
          Game Details
          Highlights
          GameCast
          Lineups and Stats
          In 1953, the Times wrote that Ferenc Puskas' drag-back against England at Wembley left Billy Wright looking like "a fire engine going to the wrong fire" as he steamed past in the opposite direction. Walcott flew past the ball in rather different circumstances at the weekend, instead resembling a panicked man fleeing a burning house, leaving his worldly possessions to the raging inferno as he dashed out the front door.

It was an instinctive method of avoidance but in football terms, it was inexplicable. Kaboul was not thundering in with a murderous two-footed challenge; he was wafting a leg across to try and get a block in. The best players never want the ball to leave their side: look at the courage Lionel Messi shows when contesting it and protecting it at all times. Surrendering a claim to the ball to instead jump out of the way just isn't what you expect from a footballer.

This was Walcott in microcosm: the burst of pace and the clouded thinking that follows. It is true that his finishing has improved in recent seasons and he does make dangerous runs, but this season has provided incontrovertible proof that he is not blossoming into a player of real repute, his development still arrested. Walcott is eligible for a testimonial and yet no one is still sure of his best position.

Theo Walcott had an ineffective cameo at Sunderland.
          Worse than that, Walcott has become the very symbol of what is wrong with Arsenal. His jump past Kaboul on Sunday showed that this team is without the requisite guts to mount a title challenge, while his ongoing presence in the squad shows this is a club all too willing to embrace mediocrity. When he captained the team against Chelsea to mark his 10th anniversary as an Arsenal player in January and Arsenal lost, it was significant: Walcott is the standard bearer for Arsenal's underachievement and underdevelopment over the past decade.

The events of the summer were instructive, too. Wenger could have signed an upgrade on Walcott; instead, he gave him a new contract and refused to buy a single outfield player. The manager's unbending loyalty to his players can have positive effects but it can also hold Arsenal back. The persistence with Walcott highlights this perfectly.

The folly of going into the season with Walcott and Olivier Giroud, who has now not scored in 14 Premier League games, as Arsenal's main strikers was apparent at the time and it has only looked more and more silly over the course of a season blighted by poor finishing. "We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap," Wenger told Sky Sports at the weekend. The riposte is obvious: why didn't you buy someone capable of doing so?

Walcott has only once broken double figures, scoring 14 in the league in 2012-13. He has five in 2015-16. The fateful decision to rely so heavily on him was informed by some of Wenger's worst instincts.

The manager will face the same question again this summer, and there may well be a different answer. Asked last week if Walcott could leave the club, Wenger's reply was pregnant with possibility. "I don't know yet," he said.

Sunday's telling snapshot may well help him make up his mind.
          "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Arsenal Backbone questioned. Funny I too was perplexed

Arsene Wenger's continued faith in Olivier Giroud is hurting Arsenal

The ESPN FC panel discuss Arsenal's hopes of finishing in the top four and if that makes their season a success.
            It's amazing that after two decades in charge at Arsenal, Arsene Wenger's decisions can still leave the fans feeling surprised and confused. The choice of Olivier Giroud over Danny Welbeck at the Stadium of Light is one such instance. Currently enduring the worst spell of his Gunners career, the Frenchman must surely be relegated to the substitutes bench for the remainder of the season.

He had started the previous game against West Brom. That was understandable. With Arsenal playing on Thursday and then facing Sunderland on the Sunday, a degree of rotation was necessary. However, Giroud produced nothing against the Baggies to suggest he deserved to retain his place. He fired one shot from point-blank range directly into the goalkeeper's face, but was largely anonymous.

SunderlandSunderland
            ArsenalArsenal
            FT
            Game Details
            Highlights
            GameCast
            Lineups and Stats
            Welbeck didn't play a single minute against West Brom, and most onlookers assumed that was to keep him fresh for the Sunderland match. However, when the teams were announced, Giroud was once again named as the focal point of the Arsenal attack.

Perhaps there's an underlying fitness issue with Welbeck that hasn't been made public. The England international only returned from severe cartilage damage a couple of months ago and he may be finding his return to regular football somewhat demanding. However, the fact that Welbeck was deemed fit enough to come on against Sunderland suggests there is no major problem.

That makes the selection of Giroud all the more bewildering. Some have argued the Frenchman was included on account of his aerial presence -- and it's true that he is very effective when it comes to defending set-pieces. However, this was a Sunderland outfit lining up with the diminutive Jermain Defoe as their centre-forward. Compared to other Sam Allardyce sides, they're not particularly physical. What's more, it's a worrying sign when a striker is included principally because of their defensive qualities.

Going forward, Giroud has offered little of late. Incredibly, he has now failed to score in 19 out of his last 20 Arsenal appearances. The one match in which he did find the net was an FA Cup replay against Championship Hull City. Even the maligned Theo Walcott ended up on the scoresheet in that particular game.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
              Theo Walcott's lack of guts a symbol of what's wrong at Arsenal

ESPN FC's Craig Burley looks back at Arsenal's draw at Sunderland.
              It is possible to read too much into one Vine-friendly, six-second parcel of action within the unrestrained chaos of a 90-minute football match but still, a viral vignette involving Theo Walcott on Sunday did seem to reveal something fundamental about the player and, by extension, Arsenal too.

In the 80th minute, Walcott had a chance to make the decisive impact Arsene Wenger desired when the manager introduced him amid a dreary 0-0 draw away at Sunderland. After Vito Mannone had charged off his line, Younes Kaboul clumsily manhandled Danny Welbeck and the ball rolled into space.

Walcott spotted his chance with the keeper stranded, setting off on a sprint in a bid to gather up the loose ball. But when Kaboul poked a leg out gingerly, Walcott did something unexpected. Instead of throwing his own boot in to try and whip the ball away, he jumped clean over the ball. It was a leap worthy of an Olympic long jump contest, taking him right past Kaboul, too.

SunderlandSunderland
              ArsenalArsenal
              FT
              Game Details
              Highlights
              GameCast
              Lineups and Stats
              In 1953, the Times wrote that Ferenc Puskas' drag-back against England at Wembley left Billy Wright looking like "a fire engine going to the wrong fire" as he steamed past in the opposite direction. Walcott flew past the ball in rather different circumstances at the weekend, instead resembling a panicked man fleeing a burning house, leaving his worldly possessions to the raging inferno as he dashed out the front door.

It was an instinctive method of avoidance but in football terms, it was inexplicable. Kaboul was not thundering in with a murderous two-footed challenge; he was wafting a leg across to try and get a block in. The best players never want the ball to leave their side: look at the courage Lionel Messi shows when contesting it and protecting it at all times. Surrendering a claim to the ball to instead jump out of the way just isn't what you expect from a footballer.

This was Walcott in microcosm: the burst of pace and the clouded thinking that follows. It is true that his finishing has improved in recent seasons and he does make dangerous runs, but this season has provided incontrovertible proof that he is not blossoming into a player of real repute, his development still arrested. Walcott is eligible for a testimonial and yet no one is still sure of his best position.

Theo Walcott had an ineffective cameo at Sunderland.
              Worse than that, Walcott has become the very symbol of what is wrong with Arsenal. His jump past Kaboul on Sunday showed that this team is without the requisite guts to mount a title challenge, while his ongoing presence in the squad shows this is a club all too willing to embrace mediocrity. When he captained the team against Chelsea to mark his 10th anniversary as an Arsenal player in January and Arsenal lost, it was significant: Walcott is the standard bearer for Arsenal's underachievement and underdevelopment over the past decade.

The events of the summer were instructive, too. Wenger could have signed an upgrade on Walcott; instead, he gave him a new contract and refused to buy a single outfield player. The manager's unbending loyalty to his players can have positive effects but it can also hold Arsenal back. The persistence with Walcott highlights this perfectly.

The folly of going into the season with Walcott and Olivier Giroud, who has now not scored in 14 Premier League games, as Arsenal's main strikers was apparent at the time and it has only looked more and more silly over the course of a season blighted by poor finishing. "We don't have anybody with 20 goals in the league, so that is a handicap," Wenger told Sky Sports at the weekend. The riposte is obvious: why didn't you buy someone capable of doing so?

Walcott has only once broken double figures, scoring 14 in the league in 2012-13. He has five in 2015-16. The fateful decision to rely so heavily on him was informed by some of Wenger's worst instincts.

The manager will face the same question again this summer, and there may well be a different answer. Asked last week if Walcott could leave the club, Wenger's reply was pregnant with possibility. "I don't know yet," he said.

Sunday's telling snapshot may well help him make up his mind.
              Really Arsene??? I don't know your club nor follow the players too closely, but...really???

If the above is true about Walcott, it would appear he's not playing for his manager... maybe he has his recent (last) injury at the back of his mind and this is handicapping him from going all out!?
              Peter R

Comment

Is a class ting,the sky is falling down for Arsenal fans whereas there is no hint of trouble in City's squalor of a house if you are asking City's fans, despite both teams having the same amount of points ,and City's fall is obviously more pronounced.
                There is no tradition of success for the latter (City)club,hence the fans are learning along the the way,true to form fly by night fans.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/thefootball...0649638703815/
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Nice video.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                    X