Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A slight indication of what's wrong with YardBall

http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...ball-Prospects

Anybody can spot the glaring slight????????

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
    http://m.jamaicaobserver.com/mobile/...ball-Prospects

Anybody can spot the glaring slight????????
    Butler?
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

No not at all!!
      Every player in the top ten listed plays for or played for a traditional town school!!!

We have limited vision and additionally have narrowed our player supply resources to a tiny fraction of our available sources. You mean to tell me there is not even on Dcup youth worthy of being in the top ten, maybe Jamaica is really just Ksafa area only.

Comment

Dcup? Wait a minute...is ball we ah talk bout or...??? LOL!!! Joke me a mek Stoni. That is a good observation. The problem is the same in most countries where "the capital city" is so dominant that it obscures smaller towns and cities. It happens even here in the US. Kids in little towns don't get the exposure in sports that kids in major metro areas get.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

True but we have a great advantage of being 146 miles long by fifty miles wide, we have a good highschool system which exposes many of these ballers but yet we keep going back to the town well for ballers that are weaker, less disciplined, less amenable to instruction in general.it has been shown over and over that our ballers of ballers are generally flawed on concepts of work and discipline which are severely influenced by the townstarballer culture.

Comment

True, the rural players continue to be overlooked.

The other thing to consider is, many of the best D-Cup players have been bought by Manning Cup schools. It used to be the other way around years ago, but these days, it is the twon schools that can afford to donate washing machines and microwaves.

Would still love to see that DCup vs Manning Cup competition restarted.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Paul careful. I tend to disagree because if what you said was true; the US would be filled with players from NYC and LA. The US do have these technical players from immigrant background but they are screened out. The suburbs rule the US game. Whilst the US has players with descent from Africa, S.America and the West Indies to more than make a serious challenge for the WC.

In the states soccer is viewed as a sport for the middle and upper middle class, whilst to the rest of the world it's the "poor man" sport. See how the mind works? The same way skin color is used to determine intellect and prowess in sport.

Comment

Better you than me Jawge.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

What bothers me most is how the reporter said Ja has some "extremely talented" high school football players. So what would you call Neymar, Robinho and Dinho? gods? As you said Ja has no system with metrics for football. Brasil does. This way Brasil can easily glean the creme de creme and coach them to be world class. In sport you have classes and right now Ja has no way of churning out a world class baller. Ja has a system for sprinters or athletics but not football.

The US has that system for basketball, academics and science. Where they have a system that spot talent early and groom it to world standards. Lebron skipped college and went straight to Pro. Neymar and Robinho the same (see the pattern?) There is a way of producing world class. This is why Brasil could churn out a copy of Leonardo (Lucas Limas) I don't consider Lucas Limas world class but he is the second Brasilian I see comes on and change the game for Brasil (aside from Robinho). Please see Brasil vs Paraguay.

I am realistic; Ja just don't have those kind of players. Can Ja produce them? Yes but not in large quantities (due to population size).

BTW if Neymar was born or came to the US when he was four; he would not make the US men's team. They would screen him out saying he is too small(whilst totally ignoring his skill level).

Comment

Mi an Paul ah reason. Nuh draw mi innah unnuh ting Ah diferent ting dis LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                      Paul careful. I tend to disagree because if what you said was true; the US would be filled with players from NYC and LA. The US do have these technical players from immigrant background but they are screened out. The suburbs rule the US game. Whilst the US has players with descent from Africa, S.America and the West Indies to more than make a serious challenge for the WC.

In the states soccer is viewed as a sport for the middle and upper middle class, whilst to the rest of the world it's the "poor man" sport. See how the mind works? The same way skin color is used to determine intellect and prowess in sport.
                      Jawge - I wasn't thinking of soccer when I mentioned US. I was thinking actually of basketball. There is no question you are right that in the US soccer is a suburban/middle class game. More generally speaking though, it is understandable that in small countries, the major population centers (typically the capital) will get the most spot light. I would *guess* that if you went to Guatemala, Panama, or Costa Rica, they would *probably* tell you the same thing.

Comment

Only you would be thinking of basketball in a football oopss soccer thread,how many times have you done that in regards to my threads ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

OK sah... hehe

Comment

Depends on if they have a good system (a la Brasil). Remember that Ja inherited this concept of town vs country from England. The only thing is that Britain used it as a control mechanism for the colonies (forcing everything through one place thus exerting an iron grip. You can't blame them as they had a vast empire. You would do the same if you are far away from your colonies (divide and rule).

The sad part is that it's now part of the jakan culture and is being worn as a badge of honor. One of my friend asked why is Titchfield coming all the way to Mobay to play Dcup when they are so close to KGN? I had to agree with him that Titchfield should be in the manning cup tourney. They would die first in Ja before this happens though

Comment

Titchfield clo...how long does it take to get to Kingston from Port Antonio?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X