Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racist Chants At Girls' High School Game

http://www.channel3000.com/news/dist...ayers/38950592

A southern Wisconsin school district is investigating racist chants by students
    at a girls' high school soccer game.

The chant, "Donald Trump, Build That Wall" was directed at black and Latina
    players on the visiting team.

Sad...
    Peter R

Comment

Oh My God?!
      ...but why am I shocked? Racism is alive and well!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What should you do in a situation like this if you are a parent? Should you tell your child to get off the field and take him/her home?
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          What should you do in a situation like this if you are a parent? Should you tell your child to get off the field and take him/her home?
          That would be like giving in to the wrong element. While it is a high school game, the referee should be in FULL CONTROL and it is to me THEIR JOB to stop play until the chants stop, perpetrators identified, and proper reporting of the incident is followed. If my kid were on the field, the LAST THING I would have them do is walk off, I'd rather them stay on the pitch and pipe 6 past the other team...maybe even bending a free kick or two around "their wall".
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

But what if your daughter's side already under 6, and being pelted with racist chants on top of that?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And the ref has not done anything to stop it. I understand where Paul is coming from but there must be a point at which enough is enough and you have to take a stand, whether by taking your child off the field or disrupting the game until something is done. To sit and do nothing while that is going on over an extended period just doesn't seem like the best option to me.

I asked not just as a thought experiment , its because I want to think through what my reaction should be before I am in such a situation, God forbid.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

And I am not sure we should expect the ref to do anything about it.

If I were the coach of the visiting team, maybe I would say something to the other coach, school officials.

Anyway, what's going to happen to that school? Who investigates? Who sanctions?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You speak of great resilience ,but do know those chants are intended to unhinge the players.
                  The ref should have ended the game, and award victory to the targeted side.Seems like those students(the offenders)are in desperate need of instructions,a school needed within a school?
                  In order to have the school do the right thing,I would suggest imposing a hefty fine,and give the money to the targeted school.

Comment

As a parent,I would take the initiative (nobody is doing anything)by taking off my child,and then with urgency,leave that place assuming those brats are fair relections of their parents(who are probably there watching their little darlings)and the school administrators.

Comment

UPDATE: The school district has identified the students, and will discipline them.

Comment

Thanks, Bruce! I was concerned that we would not hear what is happening.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          But what if your daughter's side already under 6, and being pelted with racist chants on top of that?!
                          It doesn't matter - they win when you let it affect you. I want my child to turn a deaf ear to that crap. Walking off will not change them...the only thing that will work is if the institutions take action and they will only take action if they get bitten. It used to happen in England all the time...and only stopped after it became a crime. It is also a crime here. So what would really work is staying on the field because the longer you stay on the field, the more evidence you have, and the more opportunity (in the US anyway) you have to slap EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM - school district included - with a civil suit. Walking off won't do it. A pesky plaintiff lawyer on a 40% contingency? He can work miracles.
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                          X