Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vahhhhhdy,.....brilliant finish!!

Leicester up 1!!

Importance of a clinical finisher! .. and, yes, yes, yes, the stingy defence is also important... before anyone starts to yap!
    Peter R

Comment

Speed and acceleration wins every time!!! Vardyyyyy once more!!!

Gritty wins 2-0!!

Comment

You inna yuh ackee eeh! LOL jus min' yuh don get tuh much "salt" inna yuh fish ovah the rest ah de season!
        Peter R

Comment

Proud ayuh !
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Mi t'row mi cahn ("before anyone starts to yap"), and see yah! LOL
            Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
              Mi t'row mi cahn ("before anyone starts to yap"), and see yah! LOL
              What is so comical about this klown is that he takes 12 months to realise what everyone else sees 18 months before, then tries to claim his new found position as some kind of enlightened long-held perspective. Then when you show him the absurdities, he tries to rewrite history. LOL!!! Like I said, he's an intellectual midget. Not worth the time. Mek him tan deh. (Although ah wonda if is Rafa fault why Newcastle gonna go down? You can bet your bottom dollar that if BR had taken that Newcastle job, and had the exact same results as Rafa, who woulda get blame). Like I said, small minded.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Sweet man!!!

Nuh worry dus ting almost done, by my reckoning one more win could do it.

Too bad we can't play ball like that, that Vardy first goal is the way Ja should score a bunch of goals out of Central midfield , long, one on one with pace and open field skill and methodical finishing given the greatest weight in scoring goals. Instead we gain possession on the break then pass it around slowly, as if we can pass!!!

Same on defence, just can't understand anything but first attack second, this model is exactly what we need to adopt and perfect, our talent sets up for it excellently.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                  Sweet man!!! Too bad we can't play ball like that, that Vardy first goal is the way Ja should score a bunch of goals out of Central midfield , long, one on one with pace and open field skill and methodical finishing given the greatest weight in scoring goals. Instead we gain possession on the break then pass it around slowly, as if we can pass!!!

Same on defence, just can't understand anything but first attack second, this model is exactly what we need to adopt and perfect, our talent sets up for it excellently.
                  "goals out of Central midfield , long, one on one with pace and open field skill" - are you suggesting we play "the long ball"? LOL!!! Bite your tongue. In all seriousness, the long ball has been given a bad name in recent years, something I have never understood because, when done properly, it is extremely effective, especially when using it to pick out a speedy striker on the run with a ball from one's own third. If I were to tell the D.O.C. at my club that I wanted to practice that with our kids, he would sack me. If you notice, there are not many players at the professional ranks who can use the long ball effectively. The last DON of the surgical long ball pass was Gerrard...although Leicester has shown this year how incredibly effective it can be when done properly.
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Yardman fall in love with Brazilian ball and long ball is a bad word in Jamaican football, but there should be no straight up badwords, there are only situations and there are a range of solutions, long ball with good passers who are good interceptors targeting fast, skillful open field players is just a mismatch for most opposition made in heaven, tough to beat, you saw that today. It is fast and with good finishing tough to respond to. Use strictly on the counter!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                      Yuh know HL, I agree with about 90% of what you say, especially the part about training in the USA. As I just said to a bredrin of mine, we don't have to go to or get a "BRAZILIAN" coach toget us to the highest level. We, as a nation, have been under the Brazilian spell for decades now, and can't see behind the aura. It is significantly cheaper to hire and set up camps in the USA. What our players and our football need is structured teaching. We need to be taught how to play within a structured environment. We need to learn the the proper techniques at an early age. Any qualified (and I am not using that term loosely) coach can teach us the basics of the game. How to control the ball, pass, dribble, running into space, etc. It does not have to be a Brazilian. There are a multitude of qualified coaches out there that are looking for an opportunity to make a name for themselves. Someone enlighten me. How many of our coaches in Jamaica has a four year degree.....in something related to sports? I am not saying that you need that to be a good coach, but it helps. There are many college graduates here (USA) in high schools, colleges, MLS that we can hire. Many have the college connections here where it would be very easy to take a squad to camps several times throughout the year. They would get food and boarding and be playing on well maintained fields, which would be better than anything we have at home.

I have said this many times before here, we need a technical director whose job is to oversee the development of the game in Jamaica. He would be responsible for the "style" of our play, which, I see as a hybrid of the English and the Brazilian game. We grew up watching the English game, but we fantasize about the Brazilian.
                      erm...erm.....
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yeah man. Mi see yuh, actually remember dat post!

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                          erm...erm.....
                          Is wha' dem seh 'bout a broken clock? Well, yours must be a 24 hour clock...X clock face kickoff...LOL! Good post. I think though that to apply what you are saying we need to realise that development and systems of play can be "homegrown". We do not need to follow someone else's model. So we can draw on the best of all the others and add our own sauce to the mix to develop *our own style* of play...but it has to be based on a sound foundation, which I don't think exists in Jamaica. If you go to Barcelona's academy (I am hoping to take their certification course this summer) "99%" of the time spent with the U8 kids is in playing keep away in 3 v 1 or 3 v 2 situations. They are DRILLING triangulation into the kids. That to me makes a lot of sense...once that is established, it will be a lot easier to teach them other basics of the team aspect of the game...including counter attack, long ball passing, etc.

Comment

Paul developing that expertise you talking bout is not just copy and paste, real institutionalization must come from groundroot otherwise it dead pon the vine, farin biz.
                            Even getting that to a train the trainer level in Jamaica is heavy lifting and we not even get to players at any level yet.

How long would it take say Ghana and Nigeria with the supposed DNA talent they have to produce an athletic system like we have in Jamaica, can you cut and paste that, not at all! Can we cut and paste the Spanish system in Ja, no we cannot, it will take years to get even a real graft going in a sliver of our football institutions.

We must master what we have an advantage in, Spain and Mexico produce a skilled, team oriented passing game which is not heavy on physical contact or on speed and size and physical play, our style is physical, it has fast players and players with good open field one on one skill with poor passing ability, so how do you maximize that talent, it is defense first, counterattack second and press press press and play physical fitness ball, if we can do that that style will be hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                              Paul developing that expertise you talking bout is not just copy and paste, real institutionalization must come from groundroot otherwise it dead pon the vine, farin biz.
                              Even getting that to a train the trainer level in Jamaica is heavy lifting and we not even get to players at any level yet.

How long would it take say Ghana and Nigeria with the supposed DNA talent they have to produce an athletic system like we have in Jamaica, can you cut and paste that, not at all! Can we cut and paste the Spanish system in Ja, no we cannot, it will take years to get even a real graft going in a sliver of our football institutions.

We must master what we have an advantage in, Spain and Mexico produce a skilled, team oriented passing game which is not heavy on physical contact or on speed and size and physical play, our style is physical, it has fast players and players with good open field one on one skill with poor passing ability, so how do you maximize that talent, it is defense first, counterattack second and press press press and play physical fitness ball, if we can do that that style will be hard to beat.
                              Did I suggest "copy and paste"? What I did say was "[we can develop our own style] but it has to be based on a sound foundation, which I don't think exists in Jamaica." To develop ANYTHING correctly you have to start with a national vision and a national system. For example, here in the US, if the licensed coaches follow the models that USSF are trying to institute, all coaches have the basic fundamental lesson plans and systems (not that they all follow it - but we know what is expected). Does that exist in Jamaica? If it does, then that's a start. If not, then we have a long way to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X