Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JK should

have subbed Coutinho from half time.

I say this without knowing the status of the players. However, IMO, PC had one of his more forgettable games... and why the hell we gi whe di ball suh much?

Notwithstanding those two observations (Coutinho, and giving the ball away, and practically everyone was trying to do so) I think we did a decent job. The result is a good one to go home with, but...

... for sure Klopp keeping that dinner date with Harry Kane! One clinical finisher definitely needed!
    Peter R

And the defence is fine with you ?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

No...not really, someone went to sleep on that goal, but IMO, we cannot go forward thinking that we will win games with clean sheets... though in a perfect world that would be nice! (this is not to say that the defence cannot and shouldn't improve).

We need to be aiming to score two goals, cause it is quite likely we will give up one. Today there were chances that were not put away... IMO a clinical finisher would or could have made the difference.
      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
        And the defence is fine with you ?
        Showing your duncity again. The defending was one of the highlights of my side's performance. We went into Westfalenstadion and limited their output to 1...if you'd told Klopp that we would come out of Germany with a 1-1 before the game he would have been jumping for joy. The goal was a lapse, but we got players back behind the ball quickly and denied their big striker Aubameyang any space, making him invisible for the time he was on the field.

As Peter correctly pointed out, we need a clinical finisher...I would go further and say we need goal scoring midfielders as well. I couldn't help but think "what if Suarez had that one on one with the keeper"? That would have been a certain second. Same with the flurry we had early in the second half after they had scored - Coutinho had the ENTIRE GOAL to shoot and and put the ball within an arm's length of the keeper. We had the better chances, but no one to finish them.

I've been saying it for 2 seasons - we just do not have any one who can tuck it into the back of the net consistently enough. Simple.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
        X