Another reason why its good to have a holistic campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another reason why its good to have a holistic campaign

Finishing in the top four of the Premier League is meant to guarantee you a place in the following season's Champions League and all the riches that come with it.

However, there is a possible scenario that would see the team that finishes fourth this season miss out on qualification for Europe's top club competition.
    If Manchester City win the Champions League and Liverpool win the Europa League, but both finish outside the top four, the fourth-placed side will be denied their spot among Europe's elite next term

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz455FqXl7b
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The prem is the priority,or should i say top 4 is the priority,.....hehe.......as i stated such a position is ridiculous because nothing is gauranteed.You prioritize whats in front of you,incidentally further proof of this is , Spurs who rested its full strength team in Europa to prioritize winning the prem,will be trophyless this season barring a collapse by the current leaders while Dortmund who mirrored Spurs position before they knocked them out of Europa , is still in the hunt for two trophys

Easy nuh man,i guess the point of the article to some would be my allegedly running to City....lol
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Obviously...logic and comprehension are not your strong suit ... however, you sure are loooooooooong on stupidity and ignorance...not to mention disloyalty. Good luck on your walk in blue, or is it black and white these days? So does a holistic campaign mean that you don't have priorities? Or is the League Cup more important than winning the Europa League? What effect does squad depth have on prioritization, or on the efficacy of a "holistic campaign"? I'm just too dumb to figure that one out...I guess they are all equal - right?
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Lol...Mi belly.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
        Lol...Mi belly.
        That's how you answer questions...by not answering Like I said, you can't answer the question because it exposes your stupidity and believe that sensible people will fall for your pedestrian perspective, devoid of any depth, insight or understanding. And you wonder why I say you're an idiot? For sensible people, we recognise:

1. A holistic campaign requires a deep squad
        2. A deep squad requires significant monetary resources
        3. Big clubs have deep squads, but even so, they prioritize - a) the league (winning it, top 4 minimum) b) Champions League (if they're in it - and big clubs are) c) FA Cup d) League Cup. To say the League Cup and Champions League are treated equally is simply asinine and out of step with empirical evidence.

Liverpool is in an awful position having to win the Europa League to qualify for UCL next year. That's because we failed at our #1 priority - top 4 - (your club still has a good chance - the blue one). Had we been in top 4, the lottery of a cup win would not be necessary. This doesn't mean we don't try to win it (a concept you can't quite grasp - i.e. prioritization vs. obligation). Our obligation is to *try* to win everything, but priorities exist.

Small and midtable clubs prioritize around cups because top 4 is not a possibility. The record is clear - you bigged up Martinez for winning the FA Cup while getting relegated. Perfect example of priorities gone wrong. And I'm the one that "doesn't get it".
        Last edited by Paul Marin; April 7, 2016, 08:52 AM.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Opinion noted - THE BR Effect

The German spent seven years at Dortmund, winning five major honours including two remarkable Bundesliga titles, lifting the club from relative obscurity into the centre of the European spotlight.

The focus in Germany is centred on Klopp’s return, with German TV channel Sport1 announcing a “KloppCam” feature, focusing entirely on Klopp's every action throughout the 90 minutes, such is the degree of interest in the Liverpool manager and his famously eccentric touchline behaviour.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...-full-11149376

Easy nuh man , the opportunistic move by FSG is paying off, if we had kept BR we would have been fighting for the prem in another 100 years in division 3 ...lol

Comment

Shifting the "goalpost" ALSO duly noted (also referred to as obfuscation):

First it was: Reason for holistic campaign...

... to which some pertinent questions are asked, and in lieu of a considered response...

Jump to JK v BR... (which seems to be the "go to" response when dumbfounded... no, Peter, behave! don't do it! don't say it! don't transpose it!!!) LOL
            Peter R

Comment

Opinion noted - THE BR Effect

The German spent seven years at Dortmund, winning five major honours including two remarkable Bundesliga titles, lifting the club from relative obscurity into the centre of the European spotlight.

The focus in Germany is centred on Klopp’s return, with German TV channel Sport1 announcing a “KloppCam” feature, focusing entirely on Klopp's every action throughout the 90 minutes, such is the degree of interest in the Liverpool manager and his famously eccentric touchline behaviour.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...-full-11149376

Easy nuh man , the opportunistic move by FSG is paying off, if we had kept BR we would have been fighting for the prem in another 100 years in division 3 ...lol
              How does BR come into a discussion about priorities? You really need to get your head out your ass. It is ridiculous. BR is a past servant; if you knew anything about this club, we treat past servants with respect. And you want to consider yourself LFC? This is why there is a large contingent of scousers who consider OOTs (look it up) not to be real fans. Stupidity and lack of understanding like this.

The bottom line. You have no comeback because your point of view ("prioritize what is in front of you") is simply wrong...and stupid.

Comment

Yu site it tuh!
                Peter R

Comment

Past servant- 5th columnist F up that (you treat ) with respect ! In other words speak for yousssseeee,THE RUCKS signifies your ambition, and you are forever wrapped in him....hehe ..... Klopp getting more out of less with his oppourtunistic world class named .

The BR efffect , you will figure it out ...hehe...yuh that smart !....Mi seeit tuh !

Comment

Past servant- 5th columnist F up that (you treat ) with respect ! In other words speak for yousssseeee,THE RUCKS signifies your ambition, and you are forever wrapped in him....hehe ..... Klopp getting more out of less with his oppourtunistic world class named .

The BR efffect , you will figure it out ...hehe...yuh that smart !....Mi seeit tuh !
                    Like I said - you know nothing of our fine club. All the words you use to denigrate BR can be applied to you. You are a RUCKS of a supporter, a real 5th columnist (wanting the club to fail to see BR go), and a true traitor. And of course, you still can't address the facts poignantly. So on top of all that you are a disingenuous hypocrite.

YWN-B-LFC.

Comment

Hehehe -haha-lolol...preach ,mi bredda , preach !

Comment

Were you looking in the mirror when you wrote this?? If anyone is obsessed with Brendan Rodgers it definitely ain't me or Paul!

Most LFC supporters with any class have wished BR well and thanked him for his services. Whether his time to go was delayed, came early, or happened at the right time is a matter individual opinion... and ALL supporters with any class (that would include those who did not run away when the going was not as expected) welcomed Herr Klopp with open arms and are very happy with how things are going (in spite of the FACT that his 21 games in charge in the EPL have the exact same returns as BR's last 21) at the club. I have no qualms in stating the obvious (the facts speak for themselves), that JK, as long as things trend the way they do, will bring more success to the club than BR did. I also had no qualms in stating the obvious with respect to BR's winning percentage record (the second best ) of any manager at LFC.

Now, BR is history as far as the club's present and future agenda are concerned and yet there are some (one individual really, ah wonda is who?) who continue to be obsessed with him and are apparently UNAWARE of this warped infatuation, fetish, addiction or whatever it is... it nuh narmal!!

A cursory look at posts made since Karl's request for peace will clearly indicate who speaks with "forked" up tongue (couldn't help myself there forumites, apologies) and who revels in the continued baiting and creation of division on the site with respect to LFC supporters, genuine ones and otherwise.

Anyway, I've said way more than I intend to, as I fully intend to heed the words of the poet (notwithstanding the occasional falling off the wagon like now... I am a realist too).
                        Peter R

Comment

Hehehe -haha-lolol...preach ,mi bredda , preach !
                          Ha ha ha indeed..."holistic campaign" ... ha ha ha Sheer genius. I am sure that's what Newcastle is looking at LOL!!! Twit.

Comment

Working...
                          X