Just watched the Jamaica game, and while the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Time View Post
    If Player B was in offside position at the time that Player A took the the shot then Player B becomes offside when he collects the rebound.

The Costa Rica equalizer on Friday in Kingston was also an offside goal for the same reason. Our coach has made it clear that it was an offside goal that got them the equalizer.
    Okay thanks - I didn't see the Costa Rica goal in the first game...but that is vexing.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Karl!!! If you knew the USMNT player pool, then you'd understand my frustrations with the players being called & played.......I understand that there are some players that Klinsmann likes, BUT that is not a reason to continually selecting them, when they're simply not good enough.
      If you want to prepare a 4-star quality meal, it starts with selecting & using the best quality ingredients.

Comment

USAF, I do not really know the entire pool and other available players. Just going by observing US national team matches.

I yield to your familiarity with what's in the player pool.

Repek!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I understand that you don't & that's no problem. What's confusing is that Klinsmann's aware of them, because "his" scouts "discovered" a lot of them, when requested more prospects for the '15 GC & WCQ, after the '14 WC, BUT he doesn't seem interested in giving them a chance.......He keeps calling tried & failed players like Wondolowski, Orozco, Zusi & Beckerman; calling Gordon, 33 yo player, who isn't even a starter in MLS; Zardes, who at 24, has difficulty executing the basics (controlling, passing, movement without the ball, shooting & heading).

Comment

It's not just that Klinsmann is ignoring good players who could contribute to the team (he is), but also that he's constantly fielding players out of position.

I've come to realize that to him what comes first is demonstrating his 'genius' and what an unconventional maverick he is.
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              For me, the team has quite a few deficiencies. However, I am forced to come back to the goalkeeping. It appears there is a philosophy at Blake's club that shots to goal should be pushed rather than caught. Knowing our local goalkeeping coaches, they must have been furious watching Blake not making any effort to hold on to the ball, or punch it to safety.
              Of the total of 4 goals that CR scored against Jamaica, 3 of the goals were from rebound, (second ball).

Yes, the GK needs to hold on to the ball, and the defense needs to be more alert to defending second balls.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I've made mention of Klinsmann playing players out of position, both here & on MLS.com.......That lineup in Guatemala was a head scratcher.......I have no idea what he's hoping to achieve by continuing to do this.

The smartest thing Richie Williams did as a national coach was to resign.......Klinsmann needs to fire both Ramos & Herzog, as they're both liabilities & offer nothing to him nor the national program.

Comment

I've made mention of Klinsmann playing players out of position, both here & on MLS.com.......That lineup in Guatemala was a head scratcher.......I have no idea what he's hoping to achieve by continuing to do this.

The smartest thing Richie Williams did as a national coach was to resign.......Klinsmann needs to fire both Ramos & Herzog, as they're both liabilities & offer nothing to him nor the national program.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post

The nature of this sport is that Klinsmann my end up looking like a genius. The USA could go to the WC final....

While I am on a roll....Jamaica could qualify for their 2nd WC !!,
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
                      It's not just that Klinsmann is ignoring good players who could contribute to the team (he is), but also that he's constantly fielding players out of position.

I've come to realize that to him what comes first is demonstrating his 'genius' and what an unconventional maverick he is.
                      So let me understand what you are saying: If an "out-player" a) occupies a certain area within a TEAM or alternatively b) finds self in a particular position on the field he loses tactical ability=his (common)sense and his technical skills?!

That reasoning defies logic!

The logic our eyes tell us is, Klinsmann has too many players who lack the requisite "thinking ability"=tactical nouse and additionally lack the technical skills=proficency at manipulating the ball in acceptable manner that top international game requires=getting the ball to 'walk and talk'...that my friends equates to having players who are "not good enough".

The USA fans and administrators can run from the facts as much as they wish but facts are stubborn things!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                      X