Usaf, Hl....???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usaf, Hl....???????

USA have qualified for seven-straight World Cups but hopes of reaching Russia in 2018 hang in the balance...

The USA's bid to qualify for the 2018 World Cup is perilously close to becoming non-existent following Friday night's shock 2-0 loss at Guatemala.
    Jurgen Klinsmann's men host their CONCACAF rivals in the return group-stage encounter on Tuesday in Columbus, knowing anything but a win will all but end their dreams of reaching the Russia finals in two years time.
    Here, Sportsmail assesses where it's all gone wrong for the nation so far that has qualified for the last seven World Cups.

What's the state of play in qualifying?
    USA currently sit third in Group C of World Cup qualification from CONCACAF. They have four points from three matches - having won, drawn and lost once so far.
    Trinidad and Tobago top the group with seven points from their three matches with Guatemala in second place on six points. Meanwhile St. Vincent and Grenadines are bottom having lost all three of their matches - conceding 13 times in the process.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz44IpUJocI
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'd never write off the USA from winning all of their remaining games to qualify.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

U.S. can very well win out & qualify for the Hex, as you say, BUT there's a BIG problem with the coaches U.S. Soccer continually hire, at all levels. They're not hiring based on qualification, experience & a track record of success. They're hiring who they're friendly with, that's one of the reasons why Reyna & Perez left, and it extends to the players they select for national teams........Klinsmann as a TD has done a good job, but as a head coach he's awful, both in player selection & game plan.
    If they advance, good for the players & fans, and hopefully they'll make the necessary changes for the Hex. If they don't, this should be a wake up call & hopefully they will learn from their mistakes. Either way, I'll neither celebrate nor loose sleep over it.

Comment

I watched the game Jangle. The squad got beat fair and square.

Lots of things happening with the squad. A draw MAY help the effort...but the entire squad (alongside the coach) need to visit the balm yard before the game.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

What Klinsmann needs to do is start calling the best players available & stop calling the "tired legs", like Beckerman, Wondolowski, etc., and "dead weights", like Zardes, as well as playing the players in their natural position.

Comment

Clint Dempsey is close to his sell-by date too. He played the entire game.
          The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Mi tell unnu long time. What happen to all the Football development in the US?

It was embarrassing to watch. Klingsmann need to go, I have said that from last year. He can't find two consistent centerbacks. He keeps on changing formation in the games and playing too many people out of position.

Bradley was a much better coach the Jergen.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Clint Dempsey & Jermaine Jones have made big contributions to the USMNT & can still contribute in limited minutes, as well as being mentors to the younger players, which is very important. That's why players like Lletget, Williams, Morales, Kitchen & some of the other promising players need to be given, and should of already been given, REAL chances to "stake their claim".

Comment

They should have been given chances long time.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

There are more than enough players that should be already integrated into the USMNT, and I posted about that in '14, when he started building for '18. The problem is that for some reason Klinsmann constantly selects some players who shouldn't be there, and he changes the lineup every game which means there's no chemistry. Add to his instance on playing players out of position, because he's focused on versatility.

Comment

Read again & you'll see that's what I wrote.
                    After the '14WC, I started calling for the inclusion of quite a few players, to build for last year's GC & the WCQ, but it's obvious Klinsmann has his favorites.

Comment

I know you have been calling for a lot of youngsters but Klingsman not really impressed. The Match against Guatamala, about 40% of the player who started were out of position.

Comment

US leading by 2 but it is obvious that these...

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        Mi tell unnu long time. What happen to all the Football development in the US?

It was embarrassing to watch. Klingsmann need to go, I have said that from last year. He can't find two consistent centerbacks. He keeps on changing formation in the games and playing too many people out of position.

Bradley was a much better coach the Jergen.
                        ...the very best of US players are poor. Guatemalan players are just poorer.

The US needs good technical players who are also good tactically (=play consistently in a sensible manner). In short, the US players are **** poor!

Yuh kno dere his a sayin, "Yuh cannat mek blood outta stone"!
                        Klinsmann is not God!

Let me be clear: In the game under way the US is up 3 and could have been up 4 but the US display both technically and tactically is "god-awful"! Do not ask what the Guatemalan players are doing in addition to giving the USA players the ball as often as they can...please?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The commentator is absolutely correct - The US is winning

based on higher level of intensity.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X