The Sunday I take a "day off"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sunday I take a "day off"

to go to where Trinis call "down the islands" (DDI), my team loses. ( For the uninitiated, DDI are a series of little islands off the north-western tip of T&T, where people have cottages/island homes etc., akin to the North American "cottage" or "holiday home"). So, there was no internet, but mobile connection, however I deliberately did not check any messages etc. etc. just to enjoy a "day off". It certainly is disheartening to see that we were 2-0 up and then got beaten 3-2!

Without having seen the match, a replay or even highlights, it appears that we lack a certain killer instinct to put matches like these away!!

It seems that I can't afford these days off any more, as, I believe my "attendance" at these matches is very important for LFC's success... And no, it's quite unlike the goat mouth syndrome that blights the team I support, when (a) certain (individual)s spout(s) off ridiculous (9 times out of ten) declarations about LFC.

I hope to "be" at the rest of the matches this season!
    Peter R

Well your dismay with the results has everything to do with the string of decent results that preceded today's results,why this so called goat mouth is now suddenly influencing....

It was a game of teo distinctly different halves,Pool absolutely controlling the first ,and then reduced to mere spectators(at leasy as it pertains to scoring) in the second,my guess is halftime coaching proved to be the difference.

Comment

So JK messed up half time?
      Peter R

Comment

No,Southampton did by being lackadaisical.

Comment

first half.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
            So JK messed up half time?
            jK messed up in taking off Lovren. He was too cautious because Lovren was on a yellow. I think I agree with LVG that liverpools collapse could be attributed in large part to fatigue...a hangover from the midweek Europa League game. I also think the game should have been put to bed in the first half, but alas, Allen missed from point blank range and we failed to take advantage of other chances. big shopping spree this summer for JK. BIG!!!!!!
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
            X