Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blades secure date at High Court

Tevez is at the centre of the Sheffield United-West Ham saga

Sheffield United will appeal to the High Court over the Carlos Tevez affair and their Premiership relegation, reports BBC Radio Sheffield.

The decision follows an arbitration panel's decision to uphold the verdict not to dock West Ham points over the signing of Tevez and Javier Mascherano.

The Hammers were fined £5.5m for their handling of the duo's deals.

"We are going to the High Court to appeal, and that date is 13 July," confirmed Blades chairman Kevin McCabe.

"I still believe Sheffield United have a legal case that can now be taken from what I loosely term the sporting courts to the commercial courts.
    "Where that will take us I really don't know."

West Ham were found guilty on 27 April of acting improperly and withholding vital documentation over the duo's ownership.

When Tevez and Mascherano were registered as players, West Ham failed to disclose that they had entered into an agreement with third-party companies.

Sheffield United had launched their first appeal after they went down on the last day of the season and West Ham stayed up.

The three-man arbitration panel, headed by retired High Court judge Sir Philip Otton, did not have the power to change West Ham's punishment but could have ordered a new independent commission to judge the case.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

I thought Sheffield had to go through FIFA before taking matters to the courts?
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
    X