Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DI APACHE to MAN U

Have your say Read comments

Can anyone stop Man United? Premiership Transfer Talk | In pics: Summer transfers| Football fans' forum
    Carlos Tevez has agreed to join Premiership champions Manchester United on a two-year deal that is likely to be completed next week.

United bound: Tevez is closing in on a move to the championsTevez, 23, is currently playing for Argentina in the Copa America in Venezuela but has told his team-mates that a move to Old Trafford has been finalised, with United expected to make a statement today.

It is understood a fee of just uner £20 million has been agreed after talks were held between United officials, Tevez's owner, businessman Kia Joorabchian, as well as representatives from his former Brazilian club Corinthians.

The move, which is subject to the player passing a medical, could still be challenged by his current club West Ham, who claim to retain the Argentine's registration.

The club are especially keen to keep hold of the player who ensured their Premiership survival on the last day of the season.

Tevez has also attracted the attention of Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Liverpool and Chelsea this summer, but it is United who look to have secured his signature.

The move could take United's spending to over £70m this summer, following the arrivals of Portugal winger Nani (£17.3m), Brazilian midfielder Anderson (£20.4m) and England midfielder Owen Hargreaves (£17m).
    Tevez has proved a controversial figure in his first season in the Premiership after moving to Upton Park with Argentinian Javier Mascherano on transfer deadline day last August.

His and Mascherano's arrival have been the subject of a Premier League inquiry with West Ham fined £5.5m in March for breaching rules regarding third-party ownership.

Yet on the pitch, Tevez became an instant hero by scoring the goals which saved Alan Curbishley's side from relegation, including the winner against Manchester United at Old Trafford on the last day of the season.
    Tevez has developed an affiliation with West Ham and the club's fans, after an indifferent start to his time under then-manager Alan Pardew which saw him frozen out on the substitutes' bench.

Yet his admiration for Manchester United was made clear during his earlier days at Corinthians where he was fined by the club for turning up to an official press conference wearing a United shirt.

He is also a good friend of United's Argentinian defender Gabriel Heinze and attended United's end-of-season title celebration party.

Tevez is expected to join up with United's pre-season training after the Copa America where Argentina are through to the quarter-finals.

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
    Have your say Read comments

Can anyone stop Man United? Premiership Transfer Talk | In pics: Summer transfers| Football fans' forum
    Carlos Tevez has agreed to join Premiership champions Manchester United on a two-year deal that is likely to be completed next week.

United bound: Tevez is closing in on a move to the championsTevez, 23, is currently playing for Argentina in the Copa America in Venezuela but has told his team-mates that a move to Old Trafford has been finalised, with United expected to make a statement today.

It is understood a fee of just uner £20 million has been agreed after talks were held between United officials, Tevez's owner, businessman Kia Joorabchian, as well as representatives from his former Brazilian club Corinthians.

The move, which is subject to the player passing a medical, could still be challenged by his current club West Ham, who claim to retain the Argentine's registration.

The club are especially keen to keep hold of the player who ensured their Premiership survival on the last day of the season.

Tevez has also attracted the attention of Real Madrid, Inter Milan, Liverpool and Chelsea this summer, but it is United who look to have secured his signature.

The move could take United's spending to over £70m this summer, following the arrivals of Portugal winger Nani (£17.3m), Brazilian midfielder Anderson (£20.4m) and England midfielder Owen Hargreaves (£17m).
    Tevez has proved a controversial figure in his first season in the Premiership after moving to Upton Park with Argentinian Javier Mascherano on transfer deadline day last August.

His and Mascherano's arrival have been the subject of a Premier League inquiry with West Ham fined £5.5m in March for breaching rules regarding third-party ownership.

Yet on the pitch, Tevez became an instant hero by scoring the goals which saved Alan Curbishley's side from relegation, including the winner against Manchester United at Old Trafford on the last day of the season.
    Tevez has developed an affiliation with West Ham and the club's fans, after an indifferent start to his time under then-manager Alan Pardew which saw him frozen out on the substitutes' bench.

Yet his admiration for Manchester United was made clear during his earlier days at Corinthians where he was fined by the club for turning up to an official press conference wearing a United shirt.

He is also a good friend of United's Argentinian defender Gabriel Heinze and attended United's end-of-season title celebration party.

Tevez is expected to join up with United's pre-season training after the Copa America where Argentina are through to the quarter-finals.
    Is Tevez as big a ballah as Robinho ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
      HAHAHAHA ... yuh is a real comedian. How big is Robinho? If 'big' is an ideal adjective.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I would rather have Tavez on my side any day than Robinho. But then, I struggle to know about ball. . .

If unuh get him, good signing Lazie. Unuh have any space pon the ManUre bandwagon?
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
          I would rather have Tavez on my side any day than Robinho. But then, I struggle to know about ball. . .

If unuh get him, good signing Lazie. Unuh have any space pon the ManUre bandwagon?
          Just publicly denounce Chelsea and yuh seat secure. If Robinho played for Fergie, I think he'd become a world star ... look at how Fergie converted Ronaldo from a show boat to an effect entertain footballer.

10 out of 16 ... that the aim!
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Robinho can not be mentioned in the same sentence with Tevez. I have yet to see Robinho take over a game, or set La Liga on fire.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortikal View Post
              Robinho can not be mentioned in the same sentence with Tevez. I have yet to see Robinho take over a game, or set La Liga on fire.
              I'd use Messi in that statement instead of Tevez. Based on the system used by Capello ... Robinho had to know and play his role. Why yuh think he got benched?

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                Kiss teet.

Comment

boss yuh not watching yuh TV?
                  Why Brasil is still in the Copa america tourney? La liga? Did you see the seville/madrid game? Did you see the first super classico clash with Barca? Who yuh tink unlocked Barca? The last goal tells it all.

Comment

Why Brasil is still in the Copa america tourney?
                    Why Bazazil is struggling in the Copa America? The team is flat and Roninho's game is not really helping, apar from the hatrick in that one game. There is a reason why he rides pine at Real Madrid.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Well, looks like we are back to another two horse race season as it currently stands.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryD View Post
                        Well, looks like we are back to another two horse race season as it currently stands.
                        Big SiDEE and which of the following - ManU or Chelsea?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

************************************H!!! pardon my dutch..

waddup Bricktop, a (in my best chinese accent) LONG time mi no si yo enuh boss.. what's really good my dude
                          Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                          Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                            Why Bazazil is struggling in the Copa America? The team is flat and Roninho's game is not really helping, apar from the hatrick in that one game. There is a reason why he rides pine at Real Madrid.
                            "Not really helping.."

Heh, heh.

Why yuh figget di 1 important goal gainst Ecuador ?

Brazil score 4 goal.. how much Robinho score ?

Tiiiime is on my side, yes it is now....

Comment

Originally posted by Yuttie View Post
                              ************************************H!!! pardon my dutch..

waddup Bricktop, a (in my best chinese accent) LONG time mi no si yo enuh boss.. what's really good my dude
                              Ah wheh di. ?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X