BBC Pre match (FA Cup) chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC Pre match (FA Cup) chat

So the host asks, Terry Butcher I believe, something to the effect: "So is this a chance for both these teams to "salvage" their season?"

I wonder why he would refer to aspiring to win the FA Cup, as "salvaging their season"?? hmmmmmm

No doubt Sir Rex will let us know!
    Peter R

Does the statement in anyway negate from the fact of prioritizing what's in front of you ? Keep in mind at the beginning of the season ,no team is guaranteed to win everything, much less a thing.

Yuh see mi, yuh prioritize what's in front of you.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
      Does the statement in anyway negate from the fact of prioritizing what's in front of you ? Keep in mind at the beginning of the season ,no team is guaranteed to win everything, much less a thing.

Yuh see mi, yuh prioritize what's in front of you.
      This is why you are a certified idiot. "Prioritizing what's in front of you" is specious. All now you are completely dodging the question as to why Spurs and City fielded weak squads in FA Cup than in their subsequent league games. Do you think they took the field in either of those games not trying to win? KMT. The stronger squads were saved for their priority - the LEAGUE. Big clubs are in the hunt for the LEAGUE TITLE and prioritize as such. Spurs did it again against Dortmund. Clubs that have no chance have to go to their Plan B, not a position you want to be in...but you are too frigging stupid to acknowledge that. Jesus lord, you were to dyam craven when dem was a give weh fool-foolishniss.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Actually, the question pointed directly to the fact that these two teams were "prioritizing" the FA Cup match, because top 4 has eluded Chelsea and top 7 seems out of Everton's grasp. Hence the commentators use of the word "salvaging" their season. It points to the FACT that the priority IS the league.

But it's just "semantics". The commentator talking out of his a$$.
        Peter R

Comment

It validates my point that at the beginning of the season nothing is guaranteed to any team,doesn't it ? So to say you are going to focus or prioritize one over the other - put all your marbles on one competition is ridiculous, hence the salvaging ! Or you could say it's a specious objective...hehe.Especially when in LFC you have a secondary route to Europe.

The Dunce keeps bringing up teams who have different objectives,e.g not every team has the same objectives,e.g spurs,Chelsea,pool,Leicester, e.g not every team has a European campaign at the beginning of the season, as you stated objectives change throughout the season because of mitigating factors.If the Dunce should factor that into his Assanine question he would make himself look alot smarter.

The wise thing would be to........ahhhh sah.
          Last edited by Sir X; March 13, 2016, 12:52 AM.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Peter R,which would you prefer,Reggaeboyz becoming the king of CONCACAF or the team reaching the semi(I purposely lowered the bar) finals of the WC?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
              It validates my point that at the beginning of the season nothing is guaranteed to any team,doesn't it ? So to say you are going to focus or prioritize one over the other - put all your marbles on one competition is ridiculous, hence the salvaging ! Or you could say it's a specious objective...hehe.Especially when in LFC you have a secondary route to Europe.

The Dunce keeps bringing up teams who have different objectives,e.g not every team has the same objectives,e.g spurs,Chelsea,pool,Leicester, e.g not every team has a European campaign at the beginning of the season, as you stated objectives change throughout the season because of mitigating factors.If the Dunce should factor that into his Assanine question he would make himself look alot smarter.

The wise thing would be to........ahhhh sah.
              Give me your address so I can send you your cake! because you certainly take it when it comes to making up stuff!

Who said anything different about anything "being guaranteed" at the beginning of the season. That is a given! It's not a point!

And who said anything about "putting all your marbles" in one competition?? This is your problem! You have no comprehension skills and it is demonstrated by your restatement here of what you understand... which really is a misunderstanding.

And who said different teams didn't have different objectives???

You really have to up your reading comprehension game.

I'll send the cake to c/o RBSC.

Enjoy it!
              Peter R

Comment

I know exactly where you are coming from and the analogies are waaayyy off, so come again star! You like you graduate from the Sir Rex school of debating.

You tell me, which would you prefer, win the FA Cup or win the League? I didn't lower any bar! Thanks.
                Peter R

Comment

Working...
                X