X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas-based Girlz boost PanAm squad

Overseas-based Girlz boost PanAm squad
    Livingston Scott, Observer staff reporter

With a little over a week remaining before the Reggae Girlz make their historic appearance at the PanAm Women's football tournament, the squad has been boosted by the arrival of its overseas-based players.

However, of the five players that initially comfirmed their availabilty, only four will make the trip, as West Florida University's Alicia Wilson could not make it in time to complete her paper works for the tournament. This was confirmed by head coach Charles Edwards.

----> 'The players are looking good; they have responded to the hard work well, but... they have all played together before, so I'm not worried about the chemistry.

'My problem is just their condition, the conditioning of the players for a four-game tournament in seven days, That's my concern right now,' he emphasisised.

'... Five weeks is too short to prepare a team for that, but we're going ahead nevertheless and adopt an optimistic mentality,' he told the Observer.

'My only regret is that we didn't have an extra month to prepare, because that would have carried us so much further,' he added.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...155&category=1
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Once more - UNDERPREPARED and UNPREPARED!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      Once more - UNDERPREPARED and UNPREPARED!
      And the U-20 World Cup qualifiers starts late next month. Two months too early.

Comment

Working...
      X